What's new

Your must try soap: Help me finish off a WCS order

Thank you for all the input. Tabac seems to be the clear winner, but I can also get it from Canadian distributors, and am leaning more towards something I can't get domestically (whole reason I'm doing a blade order in the first place). Haslinger Schafmilch interests me, but I already have MWF and don't like to duplicate similar products. Can anyone comment on the differences?

Tabac, if you're feeling daring with a strong, old school scent.

Haslinger Schafmilch is you want a milder soapy scent.

Both are easy to lather, easily produce fantastic lather, and are slick with a good post shave feel.

If you want to try a stick, La Toja and Wilkinson are great.

The Schafmilch is better than MWF(IMO, a lot better), but similar, so wait until your MWF is gone. Haslinger has other soaps, pick out a scent you like, I've read they all perform well.. WCS has Czech & Speake, I Coloniali, DR Harris... But Joe at IB probably offers these too.

I don't know, why not pick up La Troja and Speick sticks?

Last edited:
Thank you for all the input. Tabac seems to be the clear winner, but I can also get it from Canadian distributors, and am leaning more towards something I can't get domestically (whole reason I'm doing a blade order in the first place). Haslinger Schafmilch interests me, but I already have MWF and don't like to duplicate similar products. Can anyone comment on the differences?

Haslinger Schafmilch and MWF are nothing alike in how they lather. The only similarities are that they're both mild, soapy scents and contain lanolin. If you compare ingredient lists, it looks like the Schafmilch may have a slightly higher percentage of lanolin.

I've never read anybody having issues with lathering Haslinger soaps, but a Google search for trouble lathering MWF will generate a huge number of hits. The people who have gotten MWF to work well love it. I can get it to generate an okay lather but I do get a good shave out of it. A much better shave than I would expect given how the lather looks, but MWF is slick stuff and a good post shave feel.

Haslinger is slick and has a good post shave feel, but is really easy to lather. Like almost Tabac easy.

MWF does last much longer than Haslinger. MWF is a pretty hard soap and is much bigger than Haslinger.

Haslinger is over a dollar more an ounce than MWF.

Last edited:
I don't know if these are easily attainable from Canadian distributors or not, but WCS has both Valobra and Penhaligon's soaps. If you have MWF, I'd wait to run out of that before going to the Haslinger version, and Tabac is pretty easy to find. So my recommendation would be Pen's English Fern or Valobra Fougere.

I purchased the Haslinger Schafmilch, it made the most sense with how the various products impacted the shipping costs, and I may be traveling a lot this summer so it's small size would be convenient. Can't wait to see how it compares to MWF.

Top Bottom