What's new

What's cooking for Easter

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lamb shank for us! Not sure what else is going with it. There is always a green salad, cheese platter all day, and plenty of Prosecco and wine. I'm sure my mother in law will be making some Pane di Pasqua (a knotted Italian Easter bread with whole eggs nestled and baked into the knots), and some other delicious desserts.

I am not going out of town after all, so I was thinking ham. Lamb sounds much better.

First Course
Fresh tagliatelle with tomato, garlic, basil

Second Course
Red wine braised lamb shanks and mashed peas

Salad
Shaved asparagus with mint and ricotta salata

Dessert
Pastiera

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You better hope it isn't the Rabbit of Caerbannog. Look at the bones!!!
Just in case, remember this:

"...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it

Five lb. pork butt which has been in the brine for about 3 days. Lovingly rubbed down with a Memphis-style (Tennessee BBQ is the best don't you know??) and on the egg smoker. Here we are at 4 hours. Temps consistent at about 225 +/- over a mixture of oak and hickory (roughly 50/50). Should be done in another 5 hours or so....

$20140419_124516.jpg

^^looking good!
Here's my brisket after 7.5hrs at 225. Another 3 hours or so i would guess. 10 lbs, smoked with apple wood (all i had on hand)
proxy.php

Five lb. pork butt which has been in the brine for about 3 days. Lovingly rubbed down with a Memphis-style (Tennessee BBQ is the best don't you know??) and on the egg smoker. Here we are at 4 hours. Temps consistent at about 225 +/- over a mixture of oak and hickory (roughly 50/50). Should be done in another 5 hours or so....

Nice! Looking good, but I am sorry that you are so mistaken :wink: :biggrin:

^^looking good!
Here's my brisket after 7.5hrs at 225. Another 3 hours or so i would guess. 10 lbs, smoked with apple wood (all i had on hand)

Nice! That should taste great.

Meat and more meat. For lunch we are headed to my in-laws where I'm told a Virginia ham with all the fixins' awaits. This evening I'm looking forward to a slow cooked pot roast that I better start in a few. Breakfast was waffles and turkey sausage. Yeah, figured we better go lower fat for the breakfast meat.

Tomorrow I'll probably eat a salad and call it a day.

Easter meal.

Antipasti
Homemade Gnocchi
5-hour gravy
Veal Parmigiana
Baked Alaska

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 34
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 34
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 34
I made Baked ham, Gratin Dauphinois, butter and garlic sauteed asparagus, and cherry crumble for dessert.
I gotta say that it was delicious. But I had a little incident while making the potatoes. I just bought a new mandolin and while slicing the potatoes for the Gratin, I decided to slice off the side of my thumb :scared:. So I just got me a couple days off work.
Dinner was a hit though :thumbup:

I made Baked ham, Gratin Dauphinois, butter and garlic sauteed asparagus, and cherry crumble for dessert.
I gotta say that it was delicious. But I had a little incident while making the potatoes. I just bought a new mandolin and while slicing the potatoes for the Gratin, I decided to slice off the side of my thumb :scared:. So I just got me a couple days off work.
Dinner was a hit though :thumbup:

yeowch! The mandoline claimed another victim! It adds good flavor! Hope you are healing up well.

oh yeah, I'm a reasonably fast healer. Worst part is, I work with my hands so I wasn't able to work the last couple days. Goin in today though. Gotta get paid.

Top Bottom