What's new

Just got the best shave of my life!

I've been doing the wet shave with a DE razor for about a month and a half, and finally got a very smooth shave for the first time. My set up was a Merkur Futur on 2, the Prince silvertip by WSP, and TOBS lavender shave cream. I bought the Prince brush after reading a lot of positive reviews, and that it's a great brush for face lathering. The reviews were proven true in my eyes since I got a great lather using it with the TOBS cream with plenty left on the brush for a second and third pass. The blade I used was a Merkur since I've had my best and most comfortable shaves so far with them. I've also tried the Bic and Derby blades which I had some bad shaves with. I did a WTG followed by a XTG, and ended with an ATG shave. ended up with one small nick on my chin which I always seem to do no matter what kind of razor I use. Besides that one nick though, it was mostly irritation free. I rinsed with cold water, and finished with my go to aftershave, Old Spice Classic. I'm really starting to get into this safety razor thing, and can't see ever going back to cartridges. It's all thanks to coming across Badger & Blade when googling Dollar Shave Club.

Congrats on the shave. Isn't it great when a plan comes together. Now that you have crested the learning curve, you should get BBS almost every time.

Congrats on the shave! It really is a sweet feeling when you get that BBS face with little to no irritation! Enjoy the shaves!!!

Isn't it fantastic when it all falls into place.

Now do the same thing every day for the next 100,000 times :001_smile

Fish...just like Bush above I'm jealous. Congrats. I've been into this only 2 weeks so you've given me a bit of encouragement. Thanks!

Fish...just like Bush above I'm jealous. Congrats. I've been into this only 2 weeks so you've given me a bit of encouragement. Thanks!

I had more bad shaves than good ones at the beginning, but I feel like I'm getting better, as I'm sure you will.

Top Bottom