What's new

Shea Butter (unrefined)

I'm a bit confused about this product.
I have a sample of it (I think it's refined) and it works really great, but I'd like to know which brand(s) offers the unrefined Shea Butter.
I read, that there are many places out there, offering the unrefined Shea Butter, but actually it is refined.

Do YOU know, where I can find a place to order the real stuff ?

Hi, Jack. I get mine, right here, in Vancouver and I know that it is unrefined as I have spoken to the folks who import it directly and package it here.

I know there are a few places in the US that carry some brands that are unrefined. Let me see if I can find them.
I also have seen a few places in Europe that you can find it.

Why unrefined and what are common uses?

If shea butter is refined, it means that a chemical was used to express the oil from the nut. The refining process yields much more product for the producer. That said, it isn't nearly as rich in vitamins.

I love using shea butter. It helps me eliminate and prevent cracked heels in the summer and windburn/dry skin in the winter. Occasionally, I'll mix a little with water to make a pretty slick post after a rough shave. Shea reduces the appearance of scars, works as a hand moisturizer and reduces irritation. If my skin is "broken," shea butter fixes it every time. It's the first thing this house reaches for.

YMMV. A little bit goes a long way!

I'm a bit confused about this product.
I have a sample of it (I think it's refined) and it works really great, but I'd like to know which brand(s) offers the unrefined Shea Butter.
I read, that there are many places out there, offering the unrefined Shea Butter, but actually it is refined.

Do YOU know, where I can find a place to order the real stuff ?

I've been pretty happy with this one. I bought it over a year ago and I still have 1/3 pound left. As far as I'm concerned, it passes all of the unrefined tests.

http://www.amazon.com/100-Pure-Unrefined-SHEA-BUTTER/dp/B004YBW5T0

One of my best shaves.... and most unpleasant... was using Shave Moisture Shea Butter African Black Soap shave cream.

No lather, and a combination of the smell and the texture... I literally felt like I had shaved with a block of lard.
I spent probably 1/2 hour washing and scrubbing my face with bath soap to get rid of the feeling.

You know I'm a lavender lover! Well, here my South African Lavender arsenal. Cape Lavender.
proxy.php

And unrefined shea butter is a "must"
proxy.php

Oh men, these creams shall be useful, too. Humm, Moroccan Rose Water for hands, and Bourbon Vanilla for the body!
proxy.php

Lip stick is lovely!
proxy.php

Black soaps. Original (one for a friend), and Menthe scented. This one is amazing!
proxy.php

Intended for my hair.
proxy.php

Oh, oh, oh. This one shall be nice, I'm sure.
proxy.php

For a friend, I think he will love it.
proxy.php

Detail of seals
proxy.php

Well. Here we go with some pics more.

Shea Butters, oils, and creams
proxy.php

Soaps and other goodies
proxy.php

And now, open jars.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I know, I know, maybe you will say, this crazy spaniard has become completely fool!
But friends, for you is an easy and cheap shipping thing to buy there in the US these products when you want, but here it is not easy, there is not any european distributor. By that, my big order.

Winblows, try at cebraethicalskincare they are in uk, their nilotica shea butter is good. I have used one tin 100 gr. Nice other products , too. They have a coyple web sites, and also they are at ebay shops. Hope it helps, my friend.

Have any of you tried mango butter? Its softer then shea and doesn't have the awful scent, its also a bit less greasy.

I really like mango butter. I use the mango along with a few others for hot oil treatments on my hair. It is a bit more expensive, but not horrible smelling.

I just got some from an online vendor. I had some horrible razor burn from yesterdays experimental shave. I put it on in the morning and again before bed (much heavier and thicker than I did in the morning). The end result, I woke up today with no razor burn and no redness. Actually had a very pleasant non-experimental shave this morning :)

I accept the scent. I mostly use Unrefined Shea Butter as a balm. Finely, I use an EDT. I get a very nice and smooth effect. I also use it for my hair, instead of any wax/hair styling.

Top Bottom