What's new

A bit of a splurge - Molton Brown Hand Washes

Yes, they're pricey. I believe $28 for 10 fluid ounces. I work in the medical field where most of the time all that's around is cheap antibacterial Dial that makes my hands feel like leather. It's super drying. My hands are always cracked as a result. Plus, now they're saying Triclosan is no good for you. Something about heart problems? I'm not saying I buy into that, but I do buy into the idea that the use of something like Triclosan over long periods of time can create more resistant strands of bacteria.

With that said, last week I ordered two bottles of this Molton Brown Hand Wash from their website and received it the other day. First impression: it smells really nice and seems to be less drying than the Dial. I got the Lime & Patchouli and the Rok Radish & Basil versions. So far I've only had a chance to use the Lime & Patchouli. It's a subtle lime peel scent with a slight spiciness in the base. A good blend. It's quite a fresh scent. Is it $28 good? That's debatable.

Has anyone else here had a chance to try out any of the other scents MB makes? If so, thoughts?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397277514.198698.jpg

Last edited:
I have been a huge fan of Molten and brown since getting to try it in the room in a hotel in Singapore back in 2007. Just picked up two jars at 50% off sale online last week. Their shower gel is unreal!

Yes, for the most part I have. Though I still have some Dial laying around. How does the Taylor's Hand Wash compare to the Molton Brown?

super.
ive not tried MB. Taylor's Jermyn wash is both moisturizing and fragrant. Their sandalwood smells like their shave cream, too.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 103
I have been a huge fan of Molten and brown since getting to try it in the room in a hotel in Singapore back in 2007. Just picked up two jars at 50% off sale online last week. Their shower gel is unreal!

Agreed. Though some are just a bit too fragrant for my taste. I got a sample of the Cool Buchu Body Wash in an order like 6 months ago and it was awful. Smelled like cheap laundry detergent to me. But the Silver Birch, Black Pepper (or whatever they renamed it), and a couple others I tried were very good.

I stayed somewhere and they had L'Occitane handwash, and it really struck me. I've picked it up a few times when I've been in their stores, but it's expensive! Next time I'm in the US, at an outlet mall, I might treat myself..

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You only live once. Let us know how it is.
I will report back for sure.

the good news is all the reviews say the bar lasts a long time.
It's a 8oz bar. I think the standard bar soap size (Dial, Irish Spring) is 4oz.

Who manufacturers the hand washes for Taylor's then?

It could be any anonymous contract manufacturer. The creams are manufactured by Creighton's, as are most shaving creams in the UK.
Most soaps are made by a contract manufacturer in Glasgow.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The bar is HUGE! I'll probably cut it in half. It says you can shave with it too. So I'm thinking half for the shower and half to see how it works as a shaver.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 65
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom