What's new

Father's Day brush project

Here is a handle I am making as a Father's Day present. The wood is from an oak that lost a limb. It is not a conventional burl, but a growth that formed over the scar from the limb. My uncle insisted I have it when the three of us saw it on his "ranch" in Oklahoma. Didn't know what to do with it until now. I think I may have to use a synthetic knot as my dad has Alzheimer's and may have trouble remembering to soak it.
$102_0939.jpg

Finally installed the TGN 22mm synthetic knot and found a simple classic shave mug to go with it. I thought about a vintage Gillette razor to go with it, but it is probably a little late in Alzheimer's game for him to make that change.
$102_1020.jpg
I hope he enjoys it. I hope you do too.

I made a handle for a Mach 3 to match the brush handle, found an old soap mug at an antique store and added some VDH soap to complete the set.
$102_1074.jpg

Just in time!

Wow!! That's a beautiful set and lovingly crafted. What a fantastic way to honor your dad. The wood has a super grain and the handle patterns are spot-on. That's an heirloom set.

Wow nice brush for your dad.

That is awesome. Beautiful work.

What a wonderful tribut to your dad!

I made a handle for a Mach 3 to match the brush handle, found an old soap mug at an antique store and added some VDH soap to complete the set.
View attachment 459187

Just in time!

What a great gift for your Father on Fathers Day. Make sure he knows you appreciate him. My Dad has been gone for 30 years now.And there were a lot things I wish I could have done for him.

How did i miss that handle?

Dave, that is superb. What a great son you are, and your Father will be very happy with those.

Top Bottom