What's new

How to wet your face properly?

When I use my hands to wet my face with water it ends up messy, with water everywhere especially because the water drips from my hands and rolls down my arms then drips off of my elbows. Maybe I am using too much water? How do they wet the face at the barbershop without making a mess, and how wet does their face actually get? I'd imagine it'd be more moist than dripping wet yes?

In barber shops they use steamed towels. Less mess. I do the exact thing you do and create a mess. I just clean up after myself and wipe down all counters when I'm done.

bigdee,

I too create a mess. However, there are some alternatives. If you shower prior to your shave, your face is already hot and your pores are open. All you need to do when you're ready to shave once out of the shower is just splash your face once or twice with hot water and you're ready to go. Whereas if you don't shower prior to your shave, you have to spend considerable time getting your face hot and wet and water all over the sink area is inevitable.

I use a hot wet Flannel (face cloth) folded diagonally twice for around 30 seconds. I them whip the lather so it's ready, do one more flannel treatment for another 30 secs then I splash water on my face so it's dripping juts before I apply the lather to my face.

I too shower first which helps a lot. Then, I fill the sink and put my face right down close to the water. Cup the water in one hand while staying down close to the water. It minimizes the water around the sink.

Folding a small towel and laying it on the counter between you and the sink catches a lot of spills and splashes it also is a good base for your bowl or scuttle to keep it from sliding around when you are whippin' it up .

Jim

Just go ahead and make a mess... after the shave you will need to clean up and dry your bowl/mug, razor, etc so why not dry up some water around the sink as well. Also, I move the bath mat to the sink when I shave so that if I spill any water out there I don't have to worry about it (the mat will dry when I hang it up after).

I just shave in the shower and avoid the whole problem (brush the toofers as well). I guess this makes me some kind of uncultured shave barbarian, but its much more convenient and I'm happier that way. :tongue:

The only thing I do at the sink is use my alum block, witch hazel and put on cologne.

Nick

I'm a mess maker as well. It's rather fun not worring about what gets where. Just clean it all up when you're done.

Yeah, water running down my arms is very annoying. Wearing a terry robe helps a little bit as it catches the water somehwere around the elbow.

Also, I keep a small towel in the bathroom that is used specifically for wiping around on the counter after I'm finished.

J

Jimmers

My wife had a problem with water running down her arms when washing her face before bed at night. Also, I had soapy water running down my arms when I washed our SUV.

Check out this site... it helped solve the problem.

http://www.onthecuff.net

Jimmers

Top Bottom