What's new

American Smoking Pipe 2013 Christmas Pipe

I've got a new addition to my collection. I've been drooling over Mark Tinsky's pipes for years and I finally broke down and bought one. I couldn't resist the allure of the 30th anniversary of the American Smoking Pipe Co. Christmas Pipe. I went with the Fancy Coral and bought the tamper as well.

$DSCN0127.jpg

It came in today, and the timing was perfect. A nice pick me up after one of the most gut wrenching weeks of work in my career.

I can't wait to get started smoking her, but I need to find the right tobacco. Boswell's Christmas Cookie seems appropriate, but I'm open to suggestions. They don't have to be Christmas themed either.

Nate, sorry to hear about the career hardships. I hope everything is alright.

That is quite a looker! I have a feeling a lot of the veteran BL members are going to like it :wink2: I love it when pipes have a mixture of rustication and smooth grain like that. The rim on that bowl is really really beautiful.

I'm thinking a nice bowl of Northwoods would smoke great in that. That tamper is so cool, man.

What a beautiful piece of work there, I would smoke my favorite blend out of it so you know it will get a lot of smoking time in :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful!
Tinsky pipes are usually fantastic anyway but this one is particularly stunning. I have a Tinsky poker in coral which is gorgeous but this one has me jealous.
I love that he has included tampers with some of the special/limited editions. It's a great touch.
How about some Squadron Leader to help break it in?

Enjoy!

Mark outdid himself on that design blend of smooth/rusticated for sure. Awesome pipe! I would also say to put your favorite blend in it first.

Congrats on the great-looking new Tinsky!

It's worth noting, to those among us that may not know, that our very own BL Super Mod, Argonaut, worked with Mark to design that shape for our '13 LE & Mark liked it so much that he decided to use it for his Christmas Pipe. I got that tidbit straight from the maker's mouth.

It's a beaut!

It's worth noting, to those among us that may not know, that our very own BL Super Mod, Argonaut, worked with Mark to design that shape for our '13 LE & Mark liked it so much that he decided to use it for his Christmas Pipe. I got that tidbit straight from the maker's mouth.

It's a beaut!

True story!

The right tobacco for a Tinsky? Whatever you want, it's a Tinsky you are smoking! :biggrin1:

That's a looker for sure. Hope it's enough to get ya through. Those little encouragements go a LONG way sometimes, don't they?

That is one gorgeous pipe! I would say that some nice SPC Mississippi River or Plum Pudding would do well in it!

I've been wanting to try Plum Pudding and for some reason it slipped my mind last night. I think that may be the route to take as there are a few others on my list that I can get from P&C.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Northwoods and Squadron Leader are both on my to try list as well.

Thank you for the concern about my work also. It's not a major ongoing issue. I think it's mostly just me getting older. I'm in Law Enforcement and helped work a situation that ended with a man's suicide. I was in a position to watch the whole thing go down, including the last 10 or 15 minutes of his life where he had a complete mental/emotional breakdown. I've seen a lot of bodies, body parts, and other gore I'd rather not have seen but none of those things have ever affected me in the least.

For some reason I had a hard time reconciling this one in my head. When I talked to another person that was there and I realized that I'd blocked some of it out, it shook me. I've always prided myself on mental toughness. Given this guys character and history, society didn't lose when he shot himself; but that last few minutes was one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen. It humanized him on a level I never thought possible. It appears that I'm getting softer with age. My wife says it just makes me human. I guess there's worse things to be than just a mere mortal.

I'm fine now. It was nothing that couldn't be rectified by a few hours of counseling with my good friend Glenfiddich, and an amazing wife. The PIF that I received from Bill and the pipe just helped that much more.

I just read your last post, that's quite a story. It does show your level of human connection when you respond like that. That can only be a good thing. I have a couple friends who are police officers and the job is tough, on the front line of life.

It's a beaut!
Why were you having a conversation with Mark Steve?

I took it for it's inaugural run today with some SPC Plum Pudding. I only had time for half a bowl, but it was a thing of beauty. Smoked all the way to the bottom with no relights. I'm so glad I bought the tamper too. It's not something I'll use every time, but it was absolutely perfect for that bowl size.

Here's to hoping the Brown Leaf LE pipe continues to be made by Mark Tinsky. I couldn't own enough of his pipes.

I took it for it's inaugural run today with some SPC Plum Pudding. I only had time for half a bowl, but it was a thing of beauty. Smoked all the way to the bottom with no relights. I'm so glad I bought the tamper too. It's not something I'll use every time, but it was absolutely perfect for that bowl size.

Here's to hoping the Brown Leaf LE pipe continues to be made by Mark Tinsky. I couldn't own enough of his pipes.

I am glad you are enjoying it. What's cool is that you will continue to enjoy it for many years. I completely agree with you about Tinsky being the maker of choice for the LE Pipes!

Top Bottom