What's new

My god, this is just awful. (Horrid candies)

Starburst Gummi Bursts. I have no idea what possessed me to buy them, but do not make the same mistake I did. These are the worst things I've ever eaten. The outer gummy is just like a crap, synthetic tasting gummy like you expect you'd get from a dollar store box of gummys... but the goo inside is like pure soda syrup. I think I got diabetes from the handful I ate before realizing what I was doing.

Any other, similar cautionary tales?

If these are the same things I tried, I found them to be terrible. The goo inside was acidic and I actually thought I had burnt my tongue on it.

My sweet tooth is quite devilish, Ill eat anything with sugar and lots of it. I have had these, and I agree they are pretty awful. The Jolly Rancher and Lifesavers gummies are where its at.

Double-salted licorice. Not to offend our Dutch brethren, but this falls under the category of "WHY?!!?" It actually burned my mouth. Regular salted I kind of like, but not the double-strong stuff. I also cannot stand any cherry-flavored candy. No idea why. I love cherries and cherry soda, but not cherry candies.
And then, in another category altogether, there were "Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans". Maybe I'm showing my youth here, since they were a Harry Potter tie-in product, but Booger, Sardine, and -urk- Vomit flavored jelly beans? There are no words to describe that level of horridness. The Black Pepper and Grass flavors were actually good, for some odd reason.

Pistachio Nuts. Especially the pre-shelled kind.

I love 'em, but no matter how big a bag I get, towards the bottom there is always a rotten one that spoils the whole experience of every delicious bite that came before it.

Some buddies at work and I almost bought a bag to leave in the lunchroom, simply to see what would happen.... we didn't, as we didn't want to lockdown the bathrooms later.

SWMBO suggested putting a candy dish on my desk... with a mix of M&Ms and Skittles.
Two flavors that just don't go together, in a form not easily separated when mixed in a bowl.

I had a Mexican candy once that was jalapeno flavored. That was rough. The worst of the lot have to be the anything with coconut in it, it will turn my stomach.

SWMBO suggested putting a candy dish on my desk... with a mix of M&Ms and Skittles.
Two flavors that just don't go together, in a form not easily separated when mixed in a bowl.

That's doubly evil... Not only from the flavor aspect, but from the dental-experience. You see the bowl and say "hey Skittles!", and grab a few. Expecting them to be Skittles, you chomp somewhat hard, only to find the much softer M&M's, instead. Or vice versa.

Stay away from the Haribo sugar free gummi bears. The reviews aren't very flattering.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-...WKC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I am so glad I clicked that link and read the top review. I haven't laughed like that in awhile. Thank you.

I'll admit all the people mentioning double salted licorice have intrigued me.

And I can understand about the black pepper (not so much the grass) jelly beans. I've had black pepper in sweets where it played quite well a number of times.

I haven't had a jalapeno mexican candy, yet but I do remember getting the old 102 flavor boxes of Jelly Belly's... jalapeno was one flavor, and it was a "why would you do this" flavor.

Pistachio Nuts. Especially the pre-shelled kind.

I love 'em, but no matter how big a bag I get, towards the bottom there is always a rotten one that spoils the whole experience of every delicious bite that came before it.

So I'm not the only one. Holy hell that dried up charcoal-tasting runt pistachio... I can taste it just thinking about it.

Top Bottom