What's new

St. James of London

http://www.stjamesoflondon.com/ there is one that isnt brushless. for our purpose thats the one you want.. creightons makes many fine shaving creams like tru fit and hill and real shaving company.IMO this cream is fantastic a absolute dont miss product.. Its the best of the creighton line.. Smell,and lathering its just wonderful..

http://www.stjamesoflondon.com/ there is one that isnt brushless. for our purpose thats the one you want.. creightons makes many fine shaving creams like tru fit and hill and real shaving company.IMO this cream is fantastic a absolute dont miss product.. Its the best of the creighton line.. Smell,and lathering its just wonderful..

New product launch in April 2014. What's left of the original cream is 3.99 reduced from 7.99. This was when first launched a lot more expensive, and the clearance previously was a lot more generous.

However this product is brushless "Scoop a small amount of shave cream out of the jar using your index and middle finger. Gently smooth the cream across your face to develop a fine layer of cream to cover bristles"

I wonder what the new version will be like?...

Lads, shortly after the vendor introduced this new version I emailed asking about the cream. Indeed, it is intended to be a lathering cream for use with brush for best results.

I had a hunch the Brittney I spoke with was the very lady who worked at the old Truefitt & Hill NA and I was right. Let's just say from a customer service standpoint I am very happy she is involved with this company. Her CS at the prior venue was super .

Cheers, Todd

Lads, shortly after the vendor introduced this new version I emailed asking about the cream. Indeed, it is intended to be a lathering cream for use with brush for best results.

I had a hunch the Brittney I spoke with was the very lady who worked at the old Truefitt & Hill NA and I was right. Let's just say from a customer service standpoint I am very happy she is involved with this company. Her CS at the prior venue was super .

Cheers, Todd

She is, Todd. I'm patiently waiting for the Lavender & Geranium to arrive next week, as I prefer the florals over the woodsy scents.

Bob, that Lavender and Geranium will probably be superb. I am going with the Mandarin and Patchouli for a change up. If I know Brittney and company all the products and service will be top shelf. I would love to see something that smelled similar to Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet show up in one of these new creams or soaps. As you can see from the product descriptions these are not the typical late production Creighton creams we've become accustomed to from the 3Ts and others. Heavy glass jars, all natural ingredients, essential oils added to the mix. I for one am happy to see at least one manufacturer paying attention to such things.

Cheers, Todd

Me as well. Creightons makes such good creams for the 3 T's (and others), raising the quality level of ingredients in the creams can only be a good thing.

I've tried the new mandarin and patchouli cream and post shave gel. My experience is limited but the cream is similar in texture and quality to the Truefitt Trafalgar and definitely lathers better with a brush. I liked the scent of the mandarin and found it that it became better over time. The packaging is excellent and it is good stuff overall.

It is the people who used to do Truefitt & Hill NA.

Well I would say if it lathers like T&H then it will be one of the very best soft creams out of the Isles. When I first started out like many newcomers I wanted to try the creams. All the exotic sounding scents lured me in. And the scents were heavenly. In that first year or three I used all the major soft creams, particularly British houses, save for D.R. Harris. Why I didn't try them I don't really know but at one time they had some supply/demand issues and that may have been it. Anyroad, I always remember the T&H creams as the most consistent of the bunch. I worked though a jar of Trafalgar and a tube of Grafton both shaved as good as any and better than most of the British brands including Trumper.

I well remember when T&H NA was set up for distribution here in the States. I thought then and was proven right that this was the only house in Britain who 'got it' there was a huge market just waiting for them in the States. While the rest of them got mired down many times in shortages, back orders, and quality control problems T&H just kept chugging along with quality product and several brick and mortar shops in the States. They had it going on and it is why I am confident St. James of London will be a fine product and a good company to deal with.

Cheers, Todd

I'm new here but was a longtime Truefitt customer. I agree that Brittney is topnotch.

For years I've switched off between T&H 1805 and Trafalgar and TOBS St. James. I decided to give the new St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli a try when I learned the old Truefitt team was behind it. Man, am I glad a did. I can't describe my shaves as well as a lot of guys on the forums, but I'll give this a shot. First of all, the packaging rules. The glass tub is a thoughtful touch -- a nice differentiator for them. Cream is soft, not hard and packed, as I occasionally find with other brands. Love the fragrance, masculine but refreshing. Very thick lather. Hadn't shaved for a few days and still the beard was fully covered. Shaving was smooth and easy, even though I was using an older blade. Shave was also very close -- cream must have set up the whiskers well. Face felt moisturized when I finished.

I was so impressed that I plan to place an order for Cedarwood & Clarysage. Also excited about Lavendar & Geranium, which apparently is on the way. Based on my admittedly limited experience with them, I think St. James of London will be a worthy (re)entry into the world of wet shaving.

I have the Cedarwood & Clarysage. It is a great cream. Lathers easily, slick with good cushion and has a terrific scent. The packaging is top notch. It comes in an elegant heavy glass jar. I hope the rest of their scents are equally as good.

I'm glad to see that St.James has a presence here and that Brittany and that organization are in the marketplace again after the demise of T&H, NA. They had great customer service and some terrific products. I got a Simpsons E3 from them that was not offered anywhere else and is still one of my favorite brushes.

I'm new here but was a longtime Truefitt customer. I agree that Brittney is topnotch.

For years I've switched off between T&H 1805 and Trafalgar and TOBS St. James. I decided to give the new St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli a try when I learned the old Truefitt team was behind it. Man, am I glad a did. I can't describe my shaves as well as a lot of guys on the forums, but I'll give this a shot. First of all, the packaging rules. The glass tub is a thoughtful touch -- a nice differentiator for them. Cream is soft, not hard and packed, as I occasionally find with other brands. Love the fragrance, masculine but refreshing. Very thick lather. Hadn't shaved for a few days and still the beard was fully covered. Shaving was smooth and easy, even though I was using an older blade. Shave was also very close -- cream must have set up the whiskers well. Face felt moisturized when I finished.

I was so impressed that I plan to place an order for Cedarwood & Clarysage. Also excited about Lavendar & Geranium, which apparently is on the way. Based on my admittedly limited experience with them, I think St. James of London will be a worthy (re)entry into the world of wet shaving.

thanks, Ed. That's a good review. :thumbup1:

I have the Cedarwood & Clarysage. It is a great cream. Lathers easily, slick with good cushion and has a terrific scent. The packaging is top notch. It comes in an elegant heavy glass jar. I hope the rest of their scents are equally as good.

I'm glad to see that St.James has a presence here and that Brittany and that organization are in the marketplace again after the demise of T&H, NA. They had great customer service and some terrific products. I got a Simpsons E3 from them that was not offered anywhere else and is still one of my favorite brushes.

Still more enabling! July 10 is taking its sweet time getting here, I can tell you that.

Thank you Ed. Great to hear some real feedback on the new creams. I was intrigued by the Mandarin and Patchouli. I rarely use creams but have been induced to try two newcomers lately. Steampunk by Tabula Rasa which is good but not my thing and this new cream by St. James of London. I am confident I will like the scent and the proof is in the shave. It should be in my hands next week.

Cheers, Todd

Gents, just thought I'd follow up on my previous post. I tried the Cedarwood & Clarysage for the first time over the weekend. It's a great cream as well. Big lather, awesome glide and protection. No irritation whatsoever. The scent is lighter than Mandarin & Patchouli, making it a great fragrance (I think) for spring and summer, in particular.

The Lavendar & Geranium is now available; it appears to be their sensitive-skin cream. According to their website they'll have a fourth fragrance -- Black Pepper & Lime -- available next month. Anyone know how many fragrances SJOL will have total?

Top Bottom