What's new

"Pipe Smoking in Car" question.

A quick question to those pipe smokers who smoke and drive: When you finish smoking but are still driving, where do you put your pipe when the car has no ash tray?

I only ask because when you're done, you have a pipe full of ash to knock out. But you can't until you stop and get out of the car. Meanwhile it seems the pipe is ready to roll over and dump ash everywhere if you put it down while still driving.

The only solution I can think of is buying a pipe with a much larger bowl, so I don't run out of tobacco before the car trip is over... but "excuses to go pipe shopping" is another thread topic altogether! :302:

Oh I forgot to mention the cup holder situation. There are two ring-style cup holders that collapse into the car... one on the dashboard right above the stereo, and another that comes out of the center armrest towards the back seat. I usually have my coffee/tea in the 'back seat' one by my elbow.

I suppose I could put a cup in the dashboard holder just to store the spent pipe. It's a weird spot, but better than ash piles on the rug...

$06-15-10_rr2.jpg

They make one of these (if you can find them) that just sticks on to any dashboard. Can't imagine it works too great for full-bents though! I think it's called the car-boy? I've seen them on ebay before.

Anyway, I just use my cupholder most of the time, which is in my middle console. Inbetween my shifter and where my radio is, theres a small divet where the middle console and radio meet perpendicular-ly, which is perfect for placing straight pipes!

A small mason jar in cup holder allows me to dump ashes or just drop the pipe.

I am 100% against littering, however I don't see harm in dumping ashes out the window if there are no other vehicles around. Ashes and dottle are more biodegradable than escaped lawn clippings, or brake dust.

In the cup holder.

WORD OF WARNING!!!

I would suggest only ever smoking a full bent in the car. If one gets in an accident and the air bag goes off, it would be one hell of a crappy way to die having a pipe pushed through your throat.

In the cup holder.

WORD OF WARNING!!!

I would suggest only ever smoking a full bent in the car. If one gets in an accident and the air bag goes off, it would be one hell of a crappy way to die having a pipe pushed through your throat.

All I could think of was a tasteless joke about a corn cob.

Oh I forgot to mention the cup holder situation. There are two ring-style cup holders that collapse into the car... one on the dashboard right above the stereo, and another that comes out of the center armrest towards the back seat. I usually have my coffee/tea in the 'back seat' one by my elbow.

I suppose I could put a cup in the dashboard holder just to store the spent pipe. It's a weird spot, but better than ash piles on the rug...

I love everything about my VeeDub except for that, right there.. worst cup holders ever.

I have smoked a pipe in my car but rarely. I bought one of the rubberized holders with the stick-on backing shown earlier but I became too OCD to ever use it. There is so much paraphernalia we have to have that it really isn't worth the trouble so if I take a long trip I smoke a cigar or cigarettes.

Top Bottom