What's new

Ordered a bottle of Creed GIT

I am very excited about this purchase. This is my first every blind cologne buy, but this cologne is pretty much legendary and since many say it resembles Cool Water and Aspen two cheapies I really enjoy, why not get the luxury more natural smelling version of these more synthetic colognes.

So what can I expect. My only worry is that everyone will be thinking i'm wearing $15 wallgreens cool water. Is this the case or can most tell that this is something nice and special?

Thanks for any output or feedback of this cologne.

I can imagine someone not loving GIT, but it's really hard to imagine anyone disliking it. It's a scent that is almost universally liked to some degree. Hope you love it.

My favorite. I sampled Cool Water and GIT over a year ago with the cheapskate in me hoping to like Cool Water better. They are similar and I think that initially Cool Water actually smells a bit better, but for me GIT really wins out as it drys down. Unfortunately my wife just thinks its ok. She much prefers the Vince Camuto cologne I purchased later....which was also a LOT cheaper lol.

I blind bought GIT last year. It's a fantastic spring scent, IMHO; although I'm sure it's fine for all seasons. My wife digs it and it lasts on me. I've consistently read reviews that it is a fleeting scent, but I use 3-4 sprays on my bare neck and chest and I can still detect it at night. It dries down nicely and never disappears.

I've never smelled Cool Water or Aspen, so I can't offer an opinion on that aspect of your thread.

I do have a small bottle of Floris JF that I picked up in a BST deal. It's reputed to be similar to GIT. I found that if you smell the nozzle of the bottles, there's some similarity. Once applied, Floris JF began smelling sour after a few minutes. I'll be ditching the Floris JF.

Great. I look even more forward to my package arrival. I have both Aspen and cool water in my collection but they both disappear of my skin within an hour. I hope the GIT lasts and I look forward to the more rounded and natural notes within in it.

While it does emulate cool water in some way, cool water is entirely synthetic in its composition and GIT is very natural in its presentation. GIT is significantly nicer than cool water and I cant imagine you would not love it.

If you like the cologne, you'll love the soap!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 155
You'll like it. I had a sample a long time ago and it smelled very synthetic on me.
I tried a more recent sample and it was magic!

I've tried GIT and while I liked it, I did not love it. I found the scent of Original Vetiver to be a bit more to my liking. Fresh but with a bit more earthy-ness to it. Pity it doesn't last longer.

I have a bottle of GIT. I am waiting for the warmer weather to see if I can get any longevity out of it. So far I seem to have better luck with Aventus. God I love that stuff!

Nobody with a functioning sense of smell will mistake GIT for Cool Water. There are only minimal notes that are the same or similar....

It would be like mistaking a Chrysler 300 for a Rolls Royce Phantom

Anyone tells my wife I told this story and I'll haunt you.

We were in Miami at a company meeting some years back, and at a traffic light we pulled up next to a low slung rumbling red car with a horse emblem. My wife said that was the nicest looking Mustang she had ever seen.

Nobody with a functioning sense of smell will mistake GIT for Cool Water. There are only minimal notes that are the same or similar....

It would be like mistaking a Chrysler 300 for a Rolls Royce Phantom

IIRC, from older GIT threads, the consensus was that Cool Water "stole the heart" notes from GIT and made a fragrance out of it. I wouldn't know as my nose is not as dialed in as many people. I just go by what I like...and I like GIT. Not sure I'll spring for a new bottle when mine runs out. Perhaps.

Top Bottom