What's new

Lightroom 5.4 available for download (upgrades)

Downloaded and installed tonight.
They've added support for Lightroom Mobil for iPad (need to subscribe, no clue on the details, I have an Android)

Got an email about that through Creative Cloud. I'm running an older version on my personal computer. 3 I think. I have a cloud subscription through work, but haven't downloaded lightroom yet, although I do use the CC versions of PS, Id and Ai almost daily.

So are they offering Lightroom as a separate program still, or do you have to subscribe to Creative Cloud?

Got an email about that through Creative Cloud. I'm running an older version on my personal computer. 3 I think. I have a cloud subscription through work, but haven't downloaded lightroom yet, although I do use the CC versions of PS, Id and Ai almost daily.

So are they offering Lightroom as a separate program still, or do you have to subscribe to Creative Cloud?
Those are the same three programs I run daily at work too, add Muse and Dreamweaver to the list.

Has Id been flakey for you lately? It's been hanging for me recently.

I haven't noticed it being too bad. I'm running it on an older 2009 macbook pro that is still running 10.6.8. I know CC says you are technically supposed to be running at least 10.7 I believe. My laptop can be kind of slow, so I haven't really noticed any huge differences between CC and 5.5. I have noticed a huge difference between this laptop and the beast of a computer I was using at my last job (a newer Mac Pro tower with 16 gb of memory).

They are still offering LR as a separate program I believe. I bought 5.1 (upgrades have come through no problem to 5.4) several months ago for about $45 shipped. I refuse to go CC with anything at this point. I'll keep using CS4. The content aware is the only thing I would like to have with the newer versions.

They are still offering LR as a separate program I believe. I bought 5.1 (upgrades have come through no problem to 5.4) several months ago for about $45 shipped. I refuse to go CC with anything at this point. I'll keep using CS4. The content aware is the only thing I would like to have with the newer versions.

Correct. It is available at B&H and probably Adorama. Student discounts are available.

Top Bottom