What's new

Anyone Else Still Using Pinaud Clubman?

Clubman's great stuff-even have the deodorant.

Andrew-The Veg in Japan? Man, all I ever smelled there was the soapy stuff from Shiseido

Clubman, the most frequent flyer in my AS rotation. I use it 3-4 times a week. I like to finish up with a scent that matches the soap or cream that I've just shaved with.

Clubman makes the perfect AS after MWF, Arko Max comfort, Real Shave Co. Moisturizing, Arko shave stick and so on and so on. It's a timeless scent so when I rub some into my face, I realize that I am part of a long tradition of men starting there day off with a great shave.

As I catch a whiff of it throughout the morning, it prompts me to feel the smoothness of my face and look around seeing the perma-stubble on many of my co-workers faces. Every Clubman day is a good day!

I use Clubman original as a cologne, and even better IMO is Pinaud Special Reserve. Sometimes when I use the original I add a splash of Pinaud Vanilla to tone it down a bit. I don't like Vanilla by itself, but it works really well with Clubman original.

I would like to try some pinaud but I am weary of the smelling like an old man to my wife. I have read it on the forums many times from other members. Has anyone ever seen any samples or small bottles? I hate to get it and really hate it. Or worse have the wife hate it.

Try some of the Special Reserve. It's definitely not an old man scent. It's leathery and smells like it should cost $10.00 per ounce.

My dad used Brut for years. Brings back memories. How do I get the euro version?

I think the huge glass bottle available at Amazon must be the Euro version. It's much stronger than the stuff in the little plastic bottles. But the big glass bottle is like 24 or maybe 25 ounces! It looks like a bowling pin. It's pretty cheap though.

Original Clubman, Musk, and VIBR are in my normal rotation. Love how my face feels after splashing on Clubman!

I also have Special Reserve, but I've grown a bit weary of that one. It's a tad too strong, and I'm starting to smell the "old lady" note in the scent.

Gee, to me Special Reserve smells almost brutally masculine, much more so than the original Clubman. I guess it's all very subjective.

Not only is it my favorite AS – My wife says that our male cat smells like it too :). He likes a face bump in the morning, and his thick Persian coat must retain it well. So Dusty, despite not ever having shaved his whiskers, is a Pinaud Clubman man ;-)

My go-to go to work fragrance. Shower, shave, Clubman. For weekends I generally use Bay Rum. Going out usually means a more sophisticated fragrance. I'm partial to, and still have a bottle of, Grey Flannel.

It was my third aftershave I bought when I started traditional wet shaving... a few years later and 50 or so more aftershaves later it's still used at least twice a week, I will use this regularly until they stop making it or I stop taking on air.

As is often the case with pretty much everyone else here, I've read all the pros and cons on a variety of products and usually go with the popular consensus when considering a purchase (my high school guidance counsellor said I wasn't much of a "leader"...he was right for once.).
So reading this thread about Pinaud Clubman aftershave had me intrigued. I already use their talc as a facial powder, but never really considered the aftershave. Today at lunch I went to Sally's, where I get the talc, and found the "original" aftershave for under seven bucks for a 12.5 ounce bottle. I also picked up a bottle of Jeris Hair Tonic...I figured if I'm gonna smell like an old man, I may as we'll go all out!
Instead of waiting for the morning, I showered tonight, lathered up, had a nice relaxing shave and then reached for the Clubman. Mother of Jesus...that stuff's got a kick! It had me doing a teeth-gritting, eye-watering dance in the bathroom. And then it was over. Two minutes later there was a terrific smelling and cool feeling sensation that over an hour later is still evident. This is something I've never enjoyed with any other aftershave. My only regret is that tomorrow morning will be too soon for another shave so I can splash some more on and take it to work!
My next concern is going to bed in a few minutes and having my wife roll over and ask me what the Hell I've done...meh, she went to bed early mumbling something about having a headache, so it's not like I was going be getting lucky tonight anyway.

Porgy you made an excellent decision, buying the Clubman splash along with the Jeris hair tonic. I always wear the two together, they complement each other very well. The Jeris also makes a great aftershave in itself.

Top Bottom