What's new

Fine After Shave 'American Blend" review, GREAT customer service, and PIF!

Hi, all!

I recently purchased the Fine American Blend AS. Here is my review and a PIF courtesy of Mr. Fine! For my review of the Fine L'Orange Noir, see here : http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...review-to-all-the-SOZ-lovers-you-have-your-AS!

The American Blend smells like a very sophisticated version of the "Clubman Classic" aftershave; very nice indeed! A classic old-time barbershop scent; the wife loves it! There is an initial burn, clean dry-down, and a nice, refreshing, menthol cooling effect afterwards. Something I like about it is that this AS has some stay-power and lasts several hours after application. Frankly, this is a must for me personally; I don't like it when the scent of an AS I like is gone by the time I get in the car to leave in the morning. The after shave skin care may be there, but if the scent dissipates that quickly, I might as well be using an unscented AS balm. NOT a problem with either of the Fine products I have tried so far!

Now for a great little customer service story. My order of the American Blend showed delivered by tracking Saturday March 29th. By mid-week it had not hit my mail box, and I notified "Mr. Fine" at his Etsy site. Since we ARE dealing with USPS here, I suggested we wait a couple days and see if it showed up. Since it had already been a few days, he went ahead and mailed a 2nd package at no charge. SURE ENOUGH, the original order hit my mailbox this past Friday, and the 2nd one was in my mailbox waiting for me this morning. Now THAT, gentlemen, is fantastic customer service!! I told Mr. Fine that because of his great service and product, that in his honor, I would do a B&B PIF for the 2nd bottle of this awesome aftershave!!

Now for the fun part, a PIF for a brand new 100ml bottle of Fine American Blend AS!!
Gentlemen, this PIF is intended to go to a wet shaver who perhaps has a limited quantity of aftershaves to pick from, and doesn't have the Fine American Blend.

If you are interested, reply to this thread with "I'm in it to win it!" in the reply. At 8PM Central time, I will close the PIF and randomly pick a winner. If you are the lucky person, I will PM you with a request for a mailing address, and promptly ship it to you. Please DO NOT PM me during the PIF, just post your reply below.

Thank you Mr. Fine for your awesome products and service!!

Sorry, CONUS only!

Last edited:
Awesome customer service story! I love to hear about vendors who are willing to go out of their way for a customer. I have been wanting to try Fine aftershave for a while now, but I have 5 bottles of a/s from different mfgs so I think I should sit this one out. Hopefully it goes to someone with a much more limited supply.:thumbup1:

I've never used an aftershave splash before; I usually go with balms (Nivea), and I've been interested in Fine products since I saw the Razorock XXX collab, so I'm in it to win it!

I'm in it to win it!

I've heard such good things about this aftershave, I've been dying to try it!

I'm in it to win it! I have actually been looking to try this exact aftershave. Very nice PIF. Thanks for the chance.

Not in, as I already have this fantastic potion and own a few other of Mr. Fine's AS's. Some lucky member will soon now enjoy what I have been using for a few weeks now. Good luck everyone and BTW, awesome gesture UnCl3

Top Bottom