What's new

Best hair product with hold for dandruff, dry scalp and dry hair

I have a very dry skin over all. My scalp and hair. I am looking for a product to use that is good for the scalp with some hold. I have been using vitalis and groom and clean. I like both products but am not sure how they are for scalp health and if they cause dandruff. In a search I found jeris hair tonic mentions controlling dandruff so I ordered that. I have not received it yet but am not sure what kind of hold it has. What is the opinion on these three products and is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks.

Dax Kocatah pomade is for dry and itchy scalp and for that it has been pretty good at least for me but the hold isn't very good. In the can it's reads that it's meant to be used first before you apply anything else on your hair and after that use some other pomade for hold and styling.

You might want to try Brylcreem - it's easily found in most stores. It has a base of mineral oil which would work well to condition dry hair and probably would help supress dandruff, too. Both Vitalis and Groom and Clean are lighter and wouldn't have the same effect as a truly oil-based grooming product. The amount you use can dictate the look you'll receive - i.e. lots of Brylcreem can leave it wet looking whereas just a "bit" (same as a "dab") would hardly be evident. So, experiment. Jeris tonic has two versions - both with and without oil. Their without oil version is similar in effect as Vitalis. The oil in Jeris "with oil" is also mineral and can be used similar to Brylcreem. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom