What's new

Deodorant .which one and why

[FONT]Old Spice Original is literally the only thing that works for me. lucky for me it's what I would pick anyway. Just wish I could find that 'Classic' I think it's branded? Seems to be just an American thing. That was the one that actually smelled like Old Spice and they quit selling it up here![/B][/I][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the RR alum spray deodorant all week and it works really well. I like it a little more than the Petal Pusher Neroli stick but I 've only used it 2 or 3 times.

I tried different things, including an alum block. But I am back at this again:

proxy.php

I've been using a razorock stick alum for a few days with good results! In fact, it's been 28 hours since my last shower and I smell nothing

I have been trying out the 'all natural' options to see what's out there...however, I've been an OS guy myself ever since I hit puberty.

Nature's Gate Tea tree/Blue cypress - smell is very subdued and sort of piney, definitely need to reapply after work (sedentary office work mostly)

Herban Cowboy Dusk - smell can be likened to most 'black' colognes, the scent blends well with a natural musk so as it wears off it does so gracefully, it does however seem to cause some minor irritation...which is fine for me since I have taken to just wearing it at night

Currently trying this product
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7UL2XQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, just smells like shea with no cedarwood or juniper.

An update, this stuff is pretty awesome. No smell for over 24 hours and I actually find I sweat less with it too. Note, it's just a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant. Only complaint is it can irritate the pits a bit, leaving them a tiny bit red on most days. Personally, I don't care and am glad I finally found something that works.

I've been using an alum block since last April. It works fantastic; easily the best deodorant I've ever used. Lately, I've been reading threads about how alum drives you insane and makes you run in traffic and eat people's faces...or maybe that was bath salts...can't really remember.

Anyway, this thread has given me some good ideas for what to try next.

So reading this post made me think about trying out some new deodorants. I figured if I was going to try out something new, I would go the "natural" way and try something with few chemicals. I have tried crystals in the past and liked a few of them, while others I did not (why there was a difference, I have no idea... maybe it was the other kind of crystal...).

I picked up Aromaco bar, andThe Greenech powder deodorant from Lush. I shared a research office with a friend of mine who swore by the stuff. He said that you can use either, or combine them for extra strength! Although he is a vegan hipster, so maybe he liked it so much because there were very few other vegan deodorants. Either way, I will give them a try. They are both lightly scented, I suspect the powder's scent will quickly dissipate, while the bar's scent will linger for a while.

Just got the blue and red Speick stick and am very pleased with the results. Even better performance than the Dove Cool Silver in my opinion.

I got a Thai deodorant stone in basket a few weeks ago and it's great. I've been rotating it with PPF Neroli stick and RR spray.

I like the stone and the spray the best. I'll probably try the RR lavender spray next.

Been using Mitchum unscented roll-on for decades. Gotta check out this rock thing now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom