What's new

Deodorant .which one and why

Degree for men--Speed stick or Brut for me

All 3 sit on the counter----what gets chosen depends on my mood that morning. Sometimes its only to use one up that's almost all gone.

Mitchum unscented gel is the only thing that works well for me. They've just changed the forumulation. I'm not sure how much I like the new stuff.

Just started using a Razorock alum stick, because I was tired of my shirts getting stained and crusty. After one week, my impression is that it works very well, but that I missed having some scent. I started to add a swipe of Ogallala Bay Rum deodorant after applying the alum and I like it a lot so far.

I use a rock! Actually it is called Crystal Deodorant and it lasts forever. It is for both men and women and is scentless so it won't interfere with your chosen fragrance. Again though this is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant.
Cheers

edited to add that this stick costs ~5-6 bucks at your local health food stores but will last most of a year so it is as inexpensive as anything other than baking soda (which truly is the cheapest and no nasty ingredients either) :>)

A crystal rock? That sounds very cool, like something Superman uses in his fortress of solitude!

Three years ago I switched to the Crystal rock deodorant and have loved it ever since. I also still have that same rock from three years ago and it looks like it will last another three years, so I can't see how anything could be more cost-effective than that. What it does is rather than adding a scent, it makes sure that the bacteria that cause BO don't form. You just need to make sure that you use it right out of the shower because it won't kill the bacteria that's already formed.

I can't abide anti-perspirants. The aluminum in them forms that semi-permeable barrier in your arm pits, causes shirts to turn yellow, and I just think its natural to sweat (if you need to!).

If you currently have an alum block, you can use that to test it out; its essentially the same product.

I became a believer in the Crystal rock last summer, when I was outdoors for 7 weeks from 6 am to 5 pm. It works better than anything else.

Antiperspirants burn my skin too. I use Old Spice Classic original scent because it smells good and doesn't burn. Once in a while I use Brut.

I use a rock! Actually it is called Crystal Deodorant and it lasts forever. It is for both men and women and is scentless so it won't interfere with your chosen fragrance. Again though this is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant.
Cheers

edited to add that this stick costs ~5-6 bucks at your local health food stores but will last most of a year so it is as inexpensive as anything other than baking soda (which truly is the cheapest and no nasty ingredients either) :>)

+1. Very pleased with Crystal.

I just started using Thai Crystal deodorant and I am very pleased. I followed advice I read about trimming(or shaving) down my armpit hair and rubbing the crystal for a minute under each arm rinsing between pits and it works great. No more gunky deodorants under my arms.

I'll throw another vote in for a deodorant crystal. Propylene Glycol irritates my pits like one other and the stick works great. It doesn't help much with sweating but I more or less embrace the inevitability of the sweat, especially now that it' getting warmer.

I've started using my alum block right out of the shower. It's been working great. I really don't like putting fragrances on, never have. I don't use anything but the alum block after a shave for the same reason.

Crystal. Been using it for about 4-5 years. Pretty cheap, one stick lasts years, works well for me, no smell, no sticky/pasty/gunky/funny feeling.

Speed stick irish spring and a crystal that came with my Ayate exfoliating wash cloth.

I sweat quit a bit during the summer here in Louisiana so I don't think the crystal will be much use. Unless I'm using it wrong and I need to swirl it around each armpit longer?

Cheers

Yes! I've been using an Alum stick for a while and it's fantastic, they also last a LONG time so there's great value there.

Top Bottom