$SOTD 041314.jpg

Hot Shower with homemade Bay Rum bath soap
Pre-shave: Proraso Pre/Post Shave Green label
Shaving soap/cream (Croap?) - Home made Bay Rum
Razor: Rapid “Original” (New Model!) 3 piece razor
Blade: Astra SP
Post Shave: Alum Block
Shea Moisture Tea Tree After Shave & Bump Preventer
Aftershave: Florida Water (In retrospect, I should have used my just finished homemade Bay Rum A/S. I forgot that it was finished.)

BBS shave with some light razor burn. However, I ran into some issues. The Astra blade pulled and tugged at the end of the second pass and through the third. (Second use of the blade) The razor is a very inexpensive razor I got from Bestshave. It cost $3.00. (Certainly didn't expect a shave on par with a high $ razor!) I assumed with a three piece razor that blade alignment would not be an issue. However, alignment was a bit more aggressive on one side than the other. However, not enough to raise too much concern.

The homemade shaving soap performed incredibly well. It made an abundance of rich creamy lather (enough for 3 passes on my face and 3 on my head). After each pass, it left my face moisturized and slick. It smelled great!

In spite of the “challenges, it was a pretty nice shave! Good way to end the day!

Sunday morning
-

Prep - Noxzema & hot towel
Lather - Mitchell's Wool Fat & suribachi
Brush - Omega 40033
Razor - Gillette Single Ring
Blade - Personna Red (5)

2 pass
Warm water rinse & cold water splash
Alum block & Witch-hazel AS

:a21:

Sunday Evening

Prep:
Shower / Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
Razors: 1949 Eversharp Schick G4 Injector / GEM Flying Wing Micromatic (Bullet Tip)
Blades: Schick Injector SE / GEM Stainless Steel PTFE SE
Brush: Morris & Forndran 1/2 Blonde Badger w/ Faux Horn Handle
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Old Spice AS Lotion / Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Pomade of the Day: Bukowski Heavy
Cologne of the Day/Evening: Tom Ford Extreme / Old Spice

I picked up the Schick G4 Injector (Model 66) w/ the blue handle and the silver/nickel head and the GEM "Flying Wing" Micromatic at an antique store today for a combined today of $14 plus tax. They are both in excellent condition. I already have a G4 Injector, but it's my favorite injector and I couldn't turn away from one in such good condition as this one. I'll use it as a back up or pass it along to someone else someday..... maybe one of my sons. The Flying Wing razor, also known as the GEM Bullet Tip Micromatic, is my first Flying Wing, although I have the Clog Pruf and the MMOC already. All the GEM Micromatics seem to be mild shavers IMO. Great shave this evening with the combination of the two, alternating passes.

Ben

Sunday 04-13-14. MUSIC: Weather Report - Heavy Weather.

proxy.php

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Al's Boheme - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Weleda - ASL Honeybee Gardens Vermont.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom