What's new

New Suits And Care

Glad I didn't buy that nice, expensive steamer my wife thinks I really need. I will just touch up my pants with a cool iron and press cloth and when it needs more, I will just take it to the cleaners and have the "press only" the suit. No dry cleaning. They can put the pants and jacket on the correct, professional vacuum equipment to keep the shape correct. Now I just need to find the right cleaners, not the $1.99/shirt place I take my shirts to be laundered.

Thanks for the info guys. I might well have damaged my suits with what I thought I knew.

Glad I didn't buy that nice, expensive steamer my wife thinks I really need. I will just touch up my pants with a cool iron and press cloth and when it needs more, I will just take it to the cleaners and have the "press only" the suit. No dry cleaning. They can put the pants and jacket on the correct, professional vacuum equipment to keep the shape correct. Now I just need to find the right cleaners, not the $1.99/shirt place I take my shirts to be laundered.

Thanks for the info guys. I might well have damaged my suits with what I thought I knew.

I don't remember where you said you bought your suits but they may press it for you, maybe Satel's or Brooks Brother at La Cantera.

I actually set out to buy my suit at Nordstrom, since I've had such good luck with their slacks and service in the past, but I ended up at Dillard's after everything at Nordstrom seemed too "modern" and less traditional. Dillard's had some nice suits with good thread count, just the right sheen to the fabric and in the style and cut I prefer. I haven't thought about seeing if they will press them. La Cantera is about 15-20 min from my house, so I was hoping to find a place closer to home. I live basically at 1604 and 281. A mile east and a mile or do north.

Top Bottom