What's new

April 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I think that the most unsuspected find of the day was at the very last stop of today. As i was looking in a case right inside the door full of razors, both DE and straight, brushes and all the interesting shaving gear a person could want. Before looking everything through I asked the owner to open it up. As took out the items that i wanted to look at is when i finally saw it...

View attachment 443145

She is a beauty, and came as quite the surprise. i'm not sure if i was more excited to find a Puma, or this.

What kind of brush is this? That handle is awesome.

It's a rubberset 400-3. Very popular brush handle these days. There are also the 400-4 which I believe is larger? Never compared them, but I'd assume so.

Picked up what I think is a 48-50 Aristocrat, and my first straight today.

The Aristocrat cleaned up pretty nicely. Might go over the handle once more with scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush, but much better than when it came home!

Also picked up a Gillette Blue Blades shaving mug today.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 289
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 288
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 289
It's a rubberset 400-3. Very popular brush handle these days. There are also the 400-4 which I believe is larger? Never compared them, but I'd assume so.

I am not certain if the followers of the rubberset 400 know what the difference between 3, 4, and unmarked brushes are, but the last i read the guess they have is the length of the loft. Which only matters if you have the original knot in it. I however am not an authority on this subject, just what i think i gleaned :)

Would it be possible for someone to open a thread for the May 2014 acquisitions? I can't seem to be allowed to do it, but would like to post something.

vintage English fern shave cream, in tube.
someone else got the jar.
anyone have a fix on when this was actually discontinued?
the packaging has copyright date of 1998 and 1999.

$english fern shave cream front.jpg

Grabbed a cased Slim adjustable on a ridiculously cheap BIN on Saturday morning, it's just arrived and bonus of bonuses it's my birth year and quarter! I can't see any plate loss or dings so it's sitting in a hot bath at the moment and I'll post pictures when it's cleaned up. This is what I gambled $22 on:
proxy.php

Picked up another straight on my lunch break today. 5/8" Boker "King Cutter" with one broken scale, but otherwise in decent condition it appears. Looking forward to trying to bring it back to life.
$Boker 1.jpg$Boker 2.jpg

Only a Mod can do it. But it's not a big deal anyway, post here like we're doing ... :thumbup1:

Here I go then! :thumbup1:

Yesterday arrived:

A "small" group buy from Martin de Candre:

proxy.php

Along with a few more Coate's creams:

proxy.php

And today:

The now replaced C&E Nomad:

proxy.php

And a couple of soaps from Jim @ WSO:

proxy.php

I also managed to find a tube of the old AdP shaving cream, brand new:

proxy.php

Cheers.

Continuing with the May acquisitions...

2 Soaps from Beer Soap Brewing Co and 4 samples of The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company:

proxy.php

Many thanks to Kevin @ BSBC for the samples and for being so helpful during the whole purchase!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom