What's new

April 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every once in awhile you buy something on eBay, probably overpay a bit, but it gets there and you go.

DAMN, I STOLE this.

It's a brush marked as patented in 1912
http://patent.ipexl.com/GB/191203103-a.html

Turned bone, with pure badger knot (original, amazingly) 24mm knot, 68mm loft. And the thing is HUGE. It's over 6" tall. Check it out beside the mini Kent I picked up earlier this year.

No idea on Maker, but it's made in Great Britain, and given the shape and era, possibly a Rooney? The only marker is B.B., but I suspect those were the owners initials. It also is Labeled "Pure Badger hair", "10" (size I'd assume), and the pat no. 3103. Some very minor chipping here and there, but otherwise immaculate.

Attachments

• $PICT0147.jpg
    $PICT0147.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 293
  • $PICT0148.jpg
    $PICT0148.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 293
  • $PICT0149.jpg
    $PICT0149.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 293
  • $PICT0151.jpg
    $PICT0151.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Dr Dulcamara. A mi me encantaria escuchar su opinion de ese jabon de aleppo. He querido comprarlo, pero no hay muchas revistas positivas actuales.

I picked this group of razors up locally from a guy at my Barbershop. Less than $5 per razor.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 281
I just purchased the same brush NOS in the box... The box reads The Spiral, I'm not where I can post pics. right now but I will when I can.

500 Personna "lab blues", Ogallala Bay Rum (sage & cedar), and a homemade brush travel tube.
proxy.php

It will work, but it's not a "fits-like-a-glove" match.
I'll probably wrap the base of the handle in a paper towel to keep it from bouncing/rubbing.
Though, the endcap tapers on the inside, so the handle should settle in a central position.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just received a Semogue Cerda and the matching stand and like it so much I ordered their Mistura. I'm tempted to order next the Texugo and should have just ordered the last 2 at the same time.

I just purchased the same brush NOS in the box... The box reads The Spiral, I'm not where I can post pics. right now but I will when I can.

PLEASE do. I'd love to learn more about this big guy.

Edit: found it guys.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180004531/19th-century-real-bone-shaving-brush-the

Not identical to my brush, but very similar style. Both look to me like knockoffs of Rooney's "Victorian". What is etched on it at the top? I can read the Spiral on the bottom but image is too small to make out the rest.

Last edited:
Dog gonit! I almost had me an Aristocrat today at an estate sale. But unfortunately the gent who had it was a bandy man and welded one of the side caps back on. Grrr. A razor that's in fair condition I can deal with. Welding? I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom