What's new

Sacramento CA area meet up - gauging interest

Is there any interest in some kind of a meet up in the Sacramento CA area? I live about an hour north of Sacramento. I would like to see about the possibility of a get together of some kind in the Sacramento area. If there is anyone interested please either post here or PM me. I don't have any ideas for date, time, place etc. Just trying to gauge interest.

I don't have any dates in mind other than somewhere in the future. I would imagine it will probably fall on a weekend since that might be the easiest for most.

I live an hour south of Sacto. I would be very interested to meet up. My wife is sick of hearing about shaving stuff.

I am only about 30 mins from Sac depending where I am going, think Roseville area is where I live.

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm glad to see that there are a few people interested. Right now I have Friday and Saturday off. I was thinking we could all meet up at either a restaurant or coffee shop. I kind of fall into the same category as PogeyBait. Having a get together would be great. I don't know of any good shaving related spots, but that would work if someone knows of one. Any suggestions on a date? Location ideas?
There are a couple of breweries in town if anyone is interested.

Wow that's a bit of a drive for Bakersfield. Would be happy to have you though. Would meeting up sometime at the end of June or beginning of July be too early to try to arrange something? I would think it best to exclude 4th of July weekend. It looks like some will be driving a bit of a distance and traffic is not so fun on holidays. It may also be a conflict for others.

As far as I'm concerned, I am available pretty much any Saturday through the middle of June. That is likely too soon, but I'm just throwing that out there. After that I will just take a day off or switch a shift at work to work with a time that works for most. As far as location, I have two ideas. One is Hoppy Brewing near Sac State (6300 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento). They have good food and beer. There is a pretty big RC store almost across the street if anyone is interested. Please chime in if having something in a location with alcohol is a no go. The other venue idea is Plaza Hof Brau a.k.a Sam's Hof Brau on Watt Ave and El Camino (2500 Watt Ave, Sacramento). They have great food and I believe they have a banquet room. They also have a bar on site.
There are other possibilities (ie potluck BBQ in a park) or non food related locations. There is a Round Table Pizza in Folsom that I have gone to for a saltwater reef aquarium club that works out well too. I'm usually just a "tell me when and where" kind of guy. I'm trying to get away from the norm and get something together.
I occasionally go to Sacramento and will try to post if I have a little bit of notice. I'm down for an informal cup of coffee and BS session too if anyone is interested. Maybe others will be interested in informal get together a too.

I love Sam's too. I used to go there with my dad as far back as I can remember. He said he could remember going in high school.

Yeah now that I think about it is a bit far to drive. But maybe if I ever head up that way I will post something on here that I am going to be in that area.

I'm in Sonoma. Less than 2 hrs away. I'd be extremely interested.

Also, i'm visiting oregon july 11th, so either before or a few weeks after works for me.

It looks like we have 10 people (including me) that are interested in meeting up. There are two more members that are possibly interested. What does everyone think about July 19th or 26th? Is anyone going to be bringing a +1?

Before I get crucified for asking... +1 can mean a son or friend; it doesn't just imply significant other :)

Top Bottom