What's new

Deodorant stick vs Deodorant spray

Hello,

I usually use Axe spray deodorants, and yes, probably a lot of you would like to Ninja-slice my throat (literally) with a feather blade for what if just said, but I like the scent and they work reasonably well, (at least in my body they do).
Even though,I still find them very expensive in relation to the time they last, so I have some questions:

1)Are deodorant sticks more effective (I mean, does the scent stay more time on the body) than sprays?

2)Are sticks cheaper (in relation to how much they last) than sprays?

3)I've always got a sticky or gluey sensation when I've used sticks (I had probably used the cheapest and worst stick ever, no B&B back then). Does this always happen? Or are there any sticks that don't leave a sticky sensation?

Thanks

I always found sprays left my underarm a bit... crusty, for lack of a better word anyway.

The best stick deodorant I've found (and I assume we're really talking deodorant, not antiperspirant) is that salt crystal stuff. You won't even think you put it on sometimes. Of course, it has no scent, so I guess it fails in that department. In my experience, any stick outlasted a spray. In fact, the more solid it was the longer it seemed to last.

I agree with what Rabid said, just swap salt crystal (alum) with Old Spice Pure Sport for me. I'd go with the better deoderant, and get your scent from a cologne.

Sprays do tend to be more difficult to wash off for me. I prefer sticks, and I use Degree or Old Spice. I also like the gels in the summer, since they are more cooling. But, you have to be careful with those...sometimes you'll twist off too much and it'll go running down your shirt.

I use what I always have............Mennen speed stick regular, nothing fancy but gets the job done. I can't stand strong heavy smelling deodorants.

No stick ,no spray for over a year and a half now-just alum block. I should add no smell or stained t-shirt underarms either.

Marty

i use an unscented or baby powder scent stick followed by an application of baby or gold bond powder.works pretty good in georgia heat and humidity.

I'll have to try baby powders! I do use them in the crotch during the summer. It really helps prevent chafing and swamp ***.

Top Bottom