What's new

Newbie wanting to try soap over cream

Right now I am exclusively using TOBS St. James shaving cream. Does anyone know which soap would be the best to try first?

Mama Bear soaps are some of the best around. Many different scents to choose from so you can easily select a couple to rotate.

HBS bay rum soap is really good as well. I haven't used MB bay rum soap so I can't comment on the scent, but HBS is the best scent for me.

Ogallala bay rum soaps are good as well, and very well scented. Much improvement since their reformulation.

Well, it looks like the concensus is Tabac. Does anyone have a good retailer to buy it from in the US, web or brick and mortar? Thanks for the replies!

Another vote for Ogallala Bay Rum.

The "original" and the Bay Rum with Limes version are both great scents. All of them and have excellent lubrication properties. John -- the owner -- has just recently redone the formulation to cut down on some of the essential oils. (Some people complained that it stung a bit.) I've used them both before and after and it is a very nice, even more soothing soap now, with a FANTASTIC scent.

Top Bottom