What's new

How many razors do you own?

I keep 4 handy:
Gillette aristocrat deluxe (cured my SAD) - used 2x a week
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (SE) - used 1x a week
Gillette NEW LC - travel
Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead (SE) - out of rotation for now due to being too aggressive for my liking, may return

Let me refine the question. How many that you own do you currently keep in shaving rotation? i.e. actively use.

Down to three. BUT one is an old M3 that I only use for traveling and a second is an EJ 89 that may get traded or sent to GoodWill. Current #1 and daily driver is my new Wolfman SB. I really like this razor!!

one. feather as-d2.

i keep coming here to see if there's something else worth getting, but have not found one yet. basically i'm happy with my shaves and happy with the construction. i also own only one car. only one computer. i just don't like too much stuff.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I own five razors. All are useable. I use them in no particular order.

I also own a Fromm razor. This is for giving someone a haircut, which I don't do. It cost me only $5.40.

I have 15. Since I got my Slim, I'm going to part with my old Superspeeds. One of them is missing one side plate, the other is missing both. They cleaned up and shaved nicely but they're so much like the Slim I'll probably just give them to the wife to sell in her antique booth. I paid $2 for each of them but I find it now bugs me that the sideplates are missing. The rest I'll keep, though and I'm sure I'll buy more. I'll probably also ditch my Aristocrat my wife got me. She saw it on Craigslist for $10 and based on the photo I thought it might be salvageable, but once she got home with it, I realized it was a goner. It will also head to the antique booth.

I really want to try one of the Feather ASD2's. I was going to buy another gun, but I think I'll spend the money on the Feather instead. Everybody's got their Holy Grail and that Feather is mine.

5 DE:
- Muhle r106
- Merkur 23c
- Gillette Slim
- Gillette Super Adjustable
- Feather AS-D2

One Feather F II Neo + 3 custom handle (2 Muhle and 1 Edwin Jagger) for Mach 3

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Im up to about 24 now. Give or take one either way. Evenly split between vintage Gillettes and new modern razors. Got at least two more on the way from Delta Echo. And a couple of Trac II variants that were the result of a recent Trac II thread on here that induced a flare up of RAD a few nights ago which caused some light night impulse online shopping. I am a frequent business traveler, and have been lucky with my DE blades so far. But that thread had me thinking about trying the Trac II for trips where I need to carry on, or where I wont have time to invest in a proper DE shave. We will see how that goes.

Enough to have variety, but not enough to stop looking for mre....
$20150713_203606.jpg
$20150713_203640.jpg

Four DE razors and seven straights. I've cut back on my straights though. Used to have a lot more. I have since found "the one" and have no intention of buying more in the near future. I realized a lot of my straights were just sitting around and while I really liked them, I wasn't enjoying them. So I kept my favorites that I couldn't live without and sold the rest. With that money I went and bought my dream DE! Which is soon off to be replated. Gotta love the 1930's Aristocrat. Perfection in my eyes!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
How many razors do I own
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]For your veining is my Custom Oak Shave Stand w/ 2 Brush, 3 DE Razors (one of which the Mrs. uses), and 2 Str8 (display only...one of these days, I'm gonna get up the 'gumption' to give it a try
proxy.php
), razors.[/FONT]

full

My B & B Boar Brushes, Cinderella str8 razor made in Germany for L. Wolfe, Detroit, MI, 'Special' str8 razor made in Germany for E.F. Stephan, New Haven, CT, Gillette 'travel' (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle, my Merkur (home), 38C razor and the Mrs. Lady Gillette
(I-1 = 1963), Razor! :thumbsup:

View My Images: [FONT=&amp]http://www.badgerandblade.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=member&imageuser=31722

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] “Happiness is in [shaving] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom