What's new

How many razors do you own?

I'm looking to get an average count from members for something I'm working on. I personally only have 4, but they include my dream razors and I'm good with the number.

Let me refine the question. How many that you own do you currently keep in shaving rotation? i.e. actively use.

3 to 6 in active rotation (Slim, Fatboy, Gem Junior, and occasionally an Aristocrat and 2 Techs - Canadian 1932 and US triangular slot/pre-war)

14 total (above plus a Schick Repeater Type C that needs the blade holder tightened up, post-war oblong Tech with a Toro Mastiff handle for head shaving, British New open comb, New short comb, Gem Junior Bar lather catcher than needs a heavier handle, Gillette Goodwill with the pierced cap that just looks too cool to PIF, and backups for my Slim and Gem Junior)

If I were to minimize my collection . . . I'd keep my active collection and the post-war Tech for my head. If I had to pick 3, it'd be my first 3. If I had only two, probably my Fatboy and Slim. If I could only have one . . arghhh . . . I'll let you know after they come back from replating at Restored Razors. :001_tt2:

Let me refine the question. How many that you own do you currently keep in shaving rotation? i.e. actively use.

You are quite correct; two of those are broken, two are too scary to use, another I haven't gotten to yet, and one 56 year old razor that has never touch soap, so, 39.

Currently 2 with 1 on order which is backordered. And having my RAD flare up, I've been eyeing a slant, but may wait for the new Razorock T6 billet slant.

Last edited:
I currently own 7 with 6 in active rotation. Of those 6, 2 are on temporary hiatus as they are on their way across the pond for replating.

"...only have 4..." and then "45, or so" I have one and don't understand why anyone would need more but I know some people have multiple headphones and amps or multiple bicycles or any number of things.

3 with one shipping. RazoRock Mission, RazoRock no name 3 piece and a frankenstein Gillette head with harbor freight punch handle. I just ordered a RazoRock Jaws this evening.

I've got about 35. I keep five in my active rotation but I will rotate this five in and out of the 35. I have shaved with all of them except for two. I can't bring myself to use my 1955 Diplomat that looks NOS and a kings razor that takes a proprietary blade. The others have all been used and will continue to be rotate in and out. My favorite is a late 40's a Aristocrat that I had replated.

Hmm, Weber PH, Super Speed birth quarter, just PIFd an old Tech and a Merkur OC, and have a Parker 26C on the way.
So three for me.

Top Bottom