Plastic handle Tech
46 Aristocrat
Lady Gillette
EJ DE89
GEM SE
Schick Injector x2
Custom Antler Horn DE

1. * Gillette Slim (L4)
  2. Fendrihan Scientist (SS, open-comb/guard bar combo head)
  3. * Canadian Pre-War Fat-handle Tech
  4. Long-Comb New
  5. Travel Tech kit (near-mint condition, I used it only once, just to see what the short handle was like)
  6. * RazoRock OLD-Type head with RR SS Barber Pole handle
  7. Lady Eversharp (type K1, reserved for SWMBO)
  8. Gillette Super 109 (Whereabouts unknown since at least 25 years. Probably in the basement now.)
"*" indicates my most frequently-used razors.

That should do me for now, but I'm always on the lookout for vintage Gillettes in the wild. I might try a slant head some day too.

I own only three, as follows ....Merkur 34C ....... Muhle R41 ........... Parker 65R .... hey I only got one face .... and money is a factor too .... wish I had more sometimes.

Too many, although less than the number of fountain pens I own (and need to sell off, I only use a couple at a time after all!).

Lets see, two 40's SS, two black handle SS, three Slims, two Techs, an OLD open comb, another tech, a couple Fatboys I just won on eBay, another tech, a Krona, and a travel Tech -- sixteen if I count right. Oh, sorry, 18, I have a couple 50's flair tips, but one of them already has a new home. Probably going to pass along one of the 60's Superspeeds, too, got a couple buddies interested in them.

And I only shave once a day....

Peter

1.Merkur 33C
2.Maggard OC v.2
3.Parker 87R
4.'69 Black-Handled Superspeed
5.'66 Gillette Slim
6.Regent NEW LC
7.Gillette Parat
8.Razorock German Slant

I'm at the point where I've killed my RAD, DED dead.

After 1 year of wet shaving I have 4 razors 3 of which are used in rotation.

1 - Merkur Futur
2 - Fatip Grande
3 - Merkur 37c Slant
4 - E2 Fatboy (semi retired)

I have five DEs, two of which are in active use:
  • 2 Wilkinson Sword Classics (1 in use, 1 unopened and not in use)
  • 1 Gillette Tech (in use)
  • 1 Gillette Travel Tech (not in use)
  • 1 Feather Popular (not in use)
I also have two replaceable blade straights:
  • Feather Artist Club RG (not in use)
  • CJB non-folding (not in use)
Finally, I have the following cartridge handles:
  • Mach 3 (in use)
  • Gillette GII (in use)
  • Generic wood and brass Trac II-compatible handle (not in use)
  • Gillette Guard (in use)
I plan to thin the herd shortly.

3 Gillette Old Types, 2 New Types and 2 Techs. Have a EJ89 and a Fatip as well but they are out of the rotation. Threw away a Weishi? and gave away a Fatip. Had a Weber briefly but sold it. Could never get a good shave out of the Weber or EJ89.

Now I have to look up the Slim thanks to you guys! Not another one.

Oh, forgot about the Mach 3 handle. Really not a bad shave, close to the de razors in performance.

At the moment I have 2 razors. Both are Muhle R89 and one is still missing a handle. Just ordered a Windrose handle (a heavy 87 grams) handle for it. The other one is with original Muhle rosegold handle.

Still trying to cull the herd, simplify it's tough. All thats left are favorites.

About six vintage DE's and now a couple slants.

A couple vintage straights, and a few Gold Dollars.

Three pucks, and maybe fifty blades in my hoard. I'll probably sell a few more things after the holidays.

Far, far too many.
I have a problem and it's not finished yet..
Maggard V3
Maggard V3A
Maggard V2 OC
Ikon DLC Slant
Ikon B1 Standard DLC
Ikon Shavecraft 103 Short Comb
Ikon Shavecraft 104 Tech
Ikon Shavecraft X3 Slant
Razorock Wunderbar Slant
Wrong forum but also..
Ikon El Jefe
Above The Tie SE1
In transit..
Above The Tie M1
Above The Tie R1
😞😞😕😕

My first was a Merkur 34C a couple of years ago. It is still the only one I have. Between my wife and two daughters, there isn't room for my stuff.

I have two Merkur DE's. The first is the traditional short handle one with the adjustment screw on the bottom. As I wanted something with more weight, I purchased the Futur and I fell in love with it. After using it for several years I tried my original one; it was nice but I just prefer working with my heavier razor. I have no need for another razor.

I also have the Mach 3 handle and a Schick Hydro 5 handle as well. The Schick cartridges are a little cheaper and cut just as well so when in a rush I use the hydro

3 DEs:
Merkur 37C
Feather Portable Safety Razor
EJ 89

2 SEs:
GEM 1912
RazoRock Black Hawk

5 SRs:
Feather DX
Craftsman Wedge
Solingen Dovo 5/8
T.Hessen-Bruch
CV Heljestrand MK No 24

You guys make me feel like a slacker :tongue_sm

How often do you use a safety razor when you have some nice straight razors? What makes you decided each day which one to use. (I am thinking about a Hart Steel 5/8).

Top Bottom