What's new

Best Injector Shave so far

I buy my Shick blades from Amazon. That way you can be sure that they are the Chinese Schicks instead of the inferior German ones. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but the Chinese blades are excellent, and the German blades were mediocre. Personna blades are also very good, but the Chinese Schick injector magazines are much better quality.

How can you tell they're Chinese made?

Are these Chinese and it's this a good price?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E6VHUQ/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_JM0stb1CAEMJH

Last edited:
I don't believe that the German ones are being made any more, so if you buy new Schick blades, and not NOS, then they are probably Chinese. That price looks attractive for four cards of seven blades. Injector blades cost quite a bit more than DEs, but they last a lot longer. I recently got 25 good shaves from a Chinese Schick, and I have 17 and counting from a Personna 74. By all accounts, it should easily exceed the number from the Schick.

I don't believe that the German ones are being made any more, so if you buy new Schick blades, and not NOS, then they are probably Chinese. That price looks attractive for four cards of seven blades. Injector blades cost quite a bit more than DEs, but they last a lot longer. I recently got 25 good shaves from a Chinese Schick, and I have 17 and counting from a Personna 74. By all accounts, it should easily exceed the number from the Schick.

Hi Steve,
You are correct, no more German blades. I haven't come across any in my travels. . The Chicks are a fine blade and yeah the 74 just keeps going and going..... and gives an amazingly great shave in any injector I've used.

Just had my first shave with the Schick Injector that I just purchased.
With more research, found out it is a 1935 type E-4 with Bakelite handle.
With the Schick injector blades from Amazon....wow what a nice smooth shave.
Very sharp blades and one must have a light touch with this razor.

Today I had another excellent shave with the Pal Adjustable, still the same chick blade with around 5 shaves to it. I did something different today, I used a cold pack to do a cold shave. It was very refreshing and a very close 3 pass shave. I am also using Noxema a pre shave on every pass, today I used CJ Bigelow cream.

Top Bottom