What's new

Discussion for April 2014: OTD Threads

What is your choice: Combined or Separate Threads

• Stickied Combined Indulgence of the Day Thread

• Keep separate threads stickied

Results are only viewable after voting.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well I can live with what ever, but I prefer the old multi stickies, at the risk of being labeled a technophobic resistor to progress. I know that Resistance is Futile, You Will Be Assimilated! LOL!

I like it, because it's easier to find all of the other OTD threads. You guys who just stick to cigars and pipes don't realize how much of a pain in the *** it is to search for the other threads.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Were not the other OTD threads stickied? If not, then why not sticky those separately as well?

Were not the other OTD threads stickied? If not then why not sticky those separately as well?
The BL has more, probably the most, sticky's of any subforum on B&B. If everything would be stickied there would be a wall of them greater than... well the Great Wall :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
So now it takes three clicks to get to the last page of an OTD thread rather than the single click when there were separate stickies. I don't understand how anything was improved. Granted, I do most of my browsing on my computer, but I also used my iPhone without any problem, but I don't use Tapatalk. Is this to make using tapatalk easier?

I don't see how you do it in three. Two will get you to the first page of, say, Pipe of the Day- I have no idea how to get from there to the first unread.

I don't see how you do it in three. Two will get you to the first page of, say, Pipe of the Day- I have no idea how to get from there to the first unread.
I am seeing if there is a solution so that the hyperlink takes you to the first unread/newest post in the thread.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Fingers crossed.

Same here. I will go with the flow no matter what. I work on flight simulators for a living, and this field is nothing but constant change. When change occurs, we techs will grouse for a while, then we get used to it and wonder what the fuss was about :001_smile

Same here. I will go with the flow no matter what. I work on flight simulators for a living, and this field is nothing but constant change. When change occurs, we techs will grouse for a while, then we get used to it and wonder what the fuss was about :001_smile

Check it out now, I think I fixed it :thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It works on the cigar thread, and appears to work on the pipe thread (no unread posts for me in that one, yet). Thanks Till, like I said, both camps get tossed a bone.

Ok, someone finally put a new post in POTD. I can confirm it is working, too.

So now it takes three clicks to get to the last page of an OTD thread rather than the single click when there were separate stickies. I don't understand how anything was improved. Granted, I do most of my browsing on my computer, but I also used my iPhone without any problem, but I don't use Tapatalk. Is this to make using tapatalk easier?
I know this isn't the solution you're looking for, but there's always subscriptions and bookmarking your subscriptions page or the thread itself. I arrive at B&B through a bookmark of my subscriptions page, and POTD is always right there because it gets bumped regularly.

It feels like there is just one less sticky now.
proxy.php
There's still a huge wall of stickies. If this is to work, they should ALL be put into the meta-sticky rather than merely the OTD threads.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
In tapatalk on my iPhone, POTD thread still takes me to the full version instead of the mobile/tapatalk page. The other links work fine.

Top Bottom