What's new

What is your heritage?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Welsh, English, German, and a small sprinkling of Cherokee. These are the ones I know. I have been wanting to get one of those DNA tests that tell you your full ancestry.

Glad you picked up on it :thumbup1:

$Tom-Jones-21026065-1-sized.jpg

Heritage is history. I am helping a friend work through her almost pure Polish genealogy. She was stumped how one ancestor noted he emigrated from Russia but for the rest of his life listed his birthplace as Poland. I showed her a map of the changes that have taken place in the Polish boundaries over the centuries and it suddenly made sense.

Mostly German going back to the Revolutionary War...... a little Irish in there as well. My Great x 5 Grandfather was a Hessian Soldier/Drummer Boy brought to America to fight for Great Britian in the Revolutionary War and eventually defected and fought under George Washington.

Ben

Pacific islander. Born on the tiny island of Okinawa. Fabulous people, awesome sushi and sweet beaches. Any wonder I like California.

My dad's side all originated from England, and my mother's mother's side is a bit tricky to track down. I grew up hearing stories from her saying that her great great (great?) grandparents came to America on the Mayflower. My grandfather's family on my mother's side came from France. I wish I knew more about my ancestry.

Cool thread!

I am half Italian, 3rd Gen Italian American on my Dad's side. His Dad and grandparents were Sicilian immigrants. His mom's parents were Immigrants from the Lucca area.

From my Mom's side things get complicated, but the bulk of it is I get roughly a quarter German and a quarter Spanish to round me out. Can't say I have alot of interesting annecdotal family history that I know, but I do know some great, great, great, great person on my Mom's fathers side was around when Fr. Junipero Serra was founding the California missions and was baptized by him.

I may check out some of the geneology sites mentioned here and see what I can find. I don't know if I fully buy their info though.

Top Bottom