What's new

Tobacquisitions for April 2014

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
New Tinsky 2006 blast bent pear.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396663378.878311.jpg

Hirsute

Here's another new pipe. This is a Thompson Rusticated bent. Likely made by Savinelli as it has their Punto Oro Corallo di Mare finish, which is a naked unwaxed rustication.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396821808.549532.jpg

Hirsute

Another recent acquisition. I bought a pipe rack I was interested in that came with a few pipes. One was this Grabow Viking. My first metal pipe. Cleaned up nicely and a smokes great!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396825887.832598.jpg

I also got this Venturi as part of the deal. Wasn't too sure about this one. It's made of pyrolitic graphite. It's a bit heavy but smokes well. Apparently these pipes have a bit if a following. It cleaned up nicely and is pretty much indestructible.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396826041.394299.jpg

I'll post the other pipes from this deal when I get around to cleaning them up later, including a great GBD Super Q spigot pot, and a bent italian billiard with a mottled cumberland stem.

I also got this Venturi as part of the deal. Wasn't too sure about this one. It's made of pyrolitic graphite. It's a bit heavy but smokes well. Apparently these pipes have a bit if a following. It cleaned up nicely and is pretty much indestructible.

Very nice! I know pyrolitic carbon is one of the best thermal conductors around. You are basically smoking in a heat sink, must be a cool smoke!

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397032989.296542.jpg

4noggins has gained a new customer. Not only did it arrive in a week (typically I have to wait three) he wrote fly fishing supplies on the box and didn't have to pay a dime for importation taxes!

I blame Robster and Derrick for 3OS and 1792 enabling, respectively.

He could be fined up to $10,000 and put in jail for up to five years. Or at least that's what smokingpipes claims is the penalty.

4noggins. I'm not sure if if it would be the Japanesse government or the US that would pursue it though. It would like be a charge along the lines of customs declaration fraud which I think would be a federal charge. I'm Canadian so I'm not certain of the ins and outs of it. I just recall reading something about the fine/charges on smokingpipes FAQ section and assume the same would apply for any one shipping tobacco.

Top Bottom