What's new

Tobacquisitions for April 2014

Eltang Sailor (Popeye) thanks to Bk124tt.

Self made softie bit carved from beer gas line. Works awesome for clenchng this cool little pipe.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Does Escudo have dates on the tin?
On the back sticker the first 6 digits of the stock number (not to be confused with the UPC code number) is the date code followed by 4 other batch digits = YYDDMMXXXX, for example my tin says "0308113025", so that's November 8th 2003...
$P1100887_zps48b5c3ca.jpg

Last edited:
On the back sticker the first 6 digits of the stock number not to be confused with the UPC code number) is the date code followed by 4 other batch digits = YYDDMMXXXX, for example my tin says "0308113025", so that's November 8th 2003...

Awesome! Thanks Aaron. I have a pretty old tin but didn't know about this. Will check after work.

It's a shame that all companies don't do this. I know about this now and McClelland as well.

Picked up an Ashton and a Dunhill. The Ashton is a small light pipe. Nice coloration, had to have it. Not sure it was worth the price, but I like it.

The Dunhill is a Ruby Bark group 3 size. The Ruby Bark has grown on me over time so I placed an order from Smoking Pipes. The photo doesn't do justice to the finish and beauty of this pipe. I have really come to enjoy the group 3 size and that has steered me towards smaller pipes. Surprisingly that was not my first inclination, but is now my preferred size.

I'm now broke of course. Not sure how I have been allowed to continue sleeping in the house, or rather avoiding the doghouse. Pipe acquisition disorder for sure.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 110
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I'm now broke of course. Not sure how I have been allowed to continue sleeping in the house, or rather avoiding the doghouse. Pipe acquisition disorder for sure.

Nice haul! If you are worried, find a room note that the missus likes, helps smooth things over sometimes! :biggrin1:

My TVC (The Vapor Chef) order came in today. They had a sale going on, so I grabbed a few samples to try.

The following are all 30/70 PG/VG and 12 mg nicotine... and I listed their descriptions for those curious.
- Beeblebrox: "This is a sweet, rich tobacco. Maple, rich cavendish tobacco, vanilla, warmth and goodness."
- Butter Beer: "Creamy butterscotch, vanilla, and a few other things. This is a great vape with coffee in the morning. This does not taste like beer. You're a wizard 'Arry!"
- Fluffy Cake: "It tastes like red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, the juice isn't red though."
- Hobbes' Blood: "Watermelon, strawberry and a very light hint of coconut. Think of the "Tigers Blood" snow cone or shave ice flavor. Just like that!"
- Honey Pearry: "Honeydew with hints of strawberry and pear."
- Pina Guavada: "Guava, pineapple and a light hint of coconut! Fresh and very clean."
- Slartibartfast: "A cherry cavendish tobacco. A complex tobacco, notes of oak and cherry with a slight hint of vanilla. This tastes like the tobacco shops I used to walk into as a child with my father. The smell of the fresh cherry pipe tobacco right when they opened that big glass jar to scoop some into a bag. That's what this tastes like."
- Strawberry VC Cake: "Strawberry Vertically Challenged Cake. Ripe strawberries, sweet cream, and shortbread."
- Unicorn Poop: "Well... everyone knows Unicorns are made of cupcakes and rainbows! This tastes like blueberry cupcakes with white chocolate frosting and a raspberry on top!"

Everything was 6 mL, aside from the Honey Pearry which is 15 mL.

For you Douglas Adams fans, they end each invoice with: "The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Hmm, let's see what we have here, I've been on a hookah kick lately (can't smoke pipes at the new job (corrections officer) :cursing:, I used to smoke pipes in the breaks I had between customers), so I've been hitting the hookah, which SWMBO likes better. That being said...250g of Tangiers Cane Mint, 250g of Tangiers Tropical Punch, 1 kilo of Coco Nara coals, 50g of Fantasia Ice mint, 50g of Fantasia Pink Lemonade, 50g Fantasia Cactus Breeze, and likely will pick up some Schwab's Blackmoor soon in an effort to get back with my briars. Happy smokes, everyone!

So are you smoking hookah in breaks (which I assume are not between "customers" anymore :laugh:)? That would seem a whole lot more difficult than pipes.

Top Bottom