What's new

April Photo Contest 2014- Winner- Edcculus!

This month's theme has been brought to you by, Bossies.

Mike is hoping for a large participation and he has come up with a good idea for just that because everyone has one in their pocket, Cell Phone.

Theme: Cell Phone
Rules: This month's image must be captured on some form of cell phone, or some form of mobile media device.
You must be the photographer.
One entry per month
Try to make the image a recent one.

Winner gets bragging rights and the pick of June's theme. No fooling.

Good luck, folks.

Last edited:
I almost never take cell phone pictures. But yesterday I tested the camera, and the upload app, while I was on my way through the city:

Certainly not my best picture! (blown out sky) But one of the few I have taken with a cell phone.

Location is the Utrecht city center.

Brunch

$b2b3302a4e1311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

I put a drop of water over the lens of my iPhone. Instant extreme macro lens. This jonquil is about the size of my thumb nail.
proxy.php

Took this one with the S4 to text to SWMBO to show her what I was shooting with the Nikon on the way home from work.
Fairly recent... late February.

$20140221_180015.jpg

Oh, oh! I guess I won't be able to participate!..........I have never owned a cell-phone and I don't have any mobile devices! :lol:

I take lots of cell phone pictures, I have almost 5K photos on my phone!

Finding one I want to enter is another matter. This was taken with a Samsung Epic. Local river and sidewheeler steaming upstream. Post process was all done with cell phone apps as well, Samsung photo editor, Athentech Perfectly Clear, and cropped.

proxy.php

-X

I traveled to Rome in March for an event. I had time to see some sights, the Colosseum for one, but this photo was taken as I traveled on a bus into Rome. I've put it through the 'vintage' filter (gets rid of some of the reflection from the bus window!)

$IMG_20140403_203416.jpg

I took this on my tablet (Nexus10) as my phone is a £9.50 brick with no camera. Hope it counts.

Fighting ice with fire. A couple of weeks ago the day was nice for a 3.5 km walk from work. As reached the park a few blocks from home, I saw the sunset reflected on the ice and took this one (my back hurt so the mobile phone was my choice for the pic).

$20140326_184438_1b.jpg

Top Bottom