What's new

Hoyt's Cologne

have you have ever used 4711?if so the scent left after the the drydown.the scent after the citrus disappears,that heavy floral that is left.well that is pretty close to hoyt's scent.IMO,hope this helps.

I bought my first and only bottle of Hoyt's Cologne about fifteen years ago at a Maxway store. I found it in the H&B black hair care section. As I recall it was pretty inexpensive...maybe $4.

The only reason I bought it was because the 'old school' style of the bottle caught my eye.

As a regular No. 4711 user for decades I can tell you that Hoyt's is something you need to use sparingly. I think it is reminiscent of Lilac Vegetal. It is very strong IMO.

Hoyt's is an integral part of Hoodoo (African-American traditional folk magic) and supposedly you'll "get lucky" if you pour an entire bottle over yourself.

:lol:

Just exactly what kind of sex partner you'll land doing that I have no idea.

On and off I've been on the prowl for Hoyt's and I am at a loss as to where to find it ETA: FOUND IT. Amazon.con has it for $4.25 a bottle

I guess they sell EVERYTHING!

I think that the fragrance of Hoyt's cologne is like a musky neroli. Ive heard that it's popular with gamblers--if you put it on your hands, you'll make money.

There's also a smaller bottle that's bergamot scented and the juice is pale green. It shows up in the colgone sections sometimes, but it's actually a brilliantine.

The only "mainstream" vendor for this product seems to be Amazon.com.

All the other online vendors are shops specializing in supplies for voodoo/santeria/hoodoo/occult, etc.

Wear with care! :001_tongu

Has anyone here ever tried Hoyt's cologne? What is it like?

It is very much neroli and bergamot, maybe with a little bit of dirtiness in there, to me. It smells wonderful to me--really wonderful--but has very little tenacity at all, which is a shame.

Top Bottom