What's new

Semogue Barbear Classico Cerda

This is weird. Was just on vintage scent's site. The shipping for a SOC is 2.50€. Shipping on the smaller Barbear Classic brush is 3.50€ :001_huh:

For some reason the Barbears are listed as like 1.5 Kilo weight. I noticed this by adding them all to my cart to see how many remained and it said they were shipping me like 200 lbs of brushes. I was like... wat? Looking at it, all his brushes weights are way, way off. SOC's are 2.5lbs. Barbears are 3.5lbs. Not sure why this is, but it explains why SOC's are cheaper to ship according to his calculator than these things.

Last edited:
There is no reason not to enjoy the Mistura either. It strkes me as a well broken in boar brush right out of the gate. It seems to be more scrubby soft like a badger, but with very good backbone. I'm interested to see how it changes as the boar bristles break in over time. I received my Mistura yesterday and used it for last night's shave. I think you will love your's when it arrives!

Ben

Thanks, I hope they have or make more of them. So far it is still processing.

Back ordered what?

They showed like 45 cerda and 30 mistura in stock last night?

I ordered one of each on the 13th and they shipped on the 14th... sounds like you ordered well before me? Did you have ANYTHING else in the order? My guess is if so then IT is backordered and they're holding up the shipment for it. If that's the case, call them and say you want your brush and they'll probably do two packages for you.

Last edited:
I think that buying a limited edition because it's limited is silly. The only reason not to reproduce a brush there is a demand for is if you're producing a better brush to fulfill that demand instead. So, if it were me, I'd be upset when a NEW LE came out, rather than when they produced more of the LE I had bought. Since that means I now have an 'outdated' model.

Take the Boar SOC. Good enough brush to make it part of their regular line-up. To this day probably the single most recommended boar brush here, maybe excluding the B&B special (but that's cheating). Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happens with the Mistura. Haven't tried the Cerda yet, but from reviews I've seen it could deserve it as well.

Take the Boar SOC. Good enough brush to make it part of their regular line-up. To this day probably the single most recommended boar brush here, maybe excluding the B&B special (but that's cheating). Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happens with the Mistura. Haven't tried the Cerda yet, but from reviews I've seen it could deserve it as well.

From the buzz that I've read about the Cerda & having used mine for several months already, I would say that the Cerda could be a challenger to the SOC's crown (if it was put into permanent production). Fantastic brush.

The back ordered brush wasn't the Cerda, either the SOC cherry or a 1305.

I still get nervous about the wood handle though.

I've been using my cerda exclusively since i got it in the limited edition run and i can honestly say it's the most amazing boar brush I've ever used.

I've owned nearly every semogue model available and the specs on this one in conjunction with the semogue premium grade bristle are just perfect.

It's soft tips, dense knot and short loft make it the best brush I've ever used and i haven't had the inkling to try our use any other brush.

The more i use it, the better it becomes. Just amazing!!!

The back ordered brush wasn't the Cerda, either the SOC cherry or a 1305.

I still get nervous about the wood handle though.

None of my stained wood handled Semogues ever gave me any problems. My painted handle arrived with a chip in the paint (and their painted handles are ugly as sin in my opinion). With Semo's I'd say Stained wood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Plexi>Painted Wood.

None of my stained wood handled Semogues ever gave me any problems. My painted handle arrived with a chip in the paint (and their painted handles are ugly as sin in my opinion). With Semo's I'd say Stained wood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Plexi>Painted Wood.

I totally agree.none of the stained wood handles have ever been a problem. They'll last a lifetime in my opinion...although i never submerge the handle in water and only ever soak the bristles 3/4 of the way up.

I use Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes on my wood handles.It's made for nourishing rosewood fretboards,it may darken the wood just a tad,but I've used them on both of my SOC's with no problems.

You guys keep replying and bringing this thread to the first page and I may just end up buying one of the Misturas.
I'm fighting my SBAD hard, but this is eroding my willpower quickly.

Last night I used my Cerda for the first time after about a week and a half of palm lathers and it was such a great experience. I wouldn't hesitate to pickup another Semogue boar. Great bang for the buck here.

I've been using my cerda exclusively since i got it in the limited edition run and i can honestly say it's the most amazing boar brush I've ever used.

I've owned nearly every semogue model available and the specs on this one in conjunction with the semogue premium grade bristle are just perfect.

It's soft tips, dense knot and short loft make it the best brush I've ever used and i haven't had the inkling to try our use any other brush.

The more i use it, the better it becomes. Just amazing!!!

Plus One

Checked into the B&B forums and read about this brush today. Already have (and love) the SOC boar and went ahead and placed an order for a Cerda and some La Toja shaving cream.

Resistance is futile.

You....you....enablers! :001_smile

Some unknown force took over my computer and ordered a Cerda before I could stop it. :001_cool: Don't know, but it might have something to do with my SOC and 2013 SE badger needing another friend. I've heard if you leave shave brushes together in the dark, they...multiply.

Top Bottom