What's new

Day 3 of DE shaving and I've achieved nirvana

Today was my 3rd day of DE shaving and my first to try Proraso shave cream. I would have never believed that shaving could be so enjoyable. I started with water as hot as I could stand and gave myself a good face scrub at the sink. Then I held a hot wet towel to my beard for about a minute and then proceeded to whip up a generous lather from Proraso cream in my shave bowl. I started with a once over from North to South, then a second pass from ears to nose. Followed by a touchup of my problem areas (upper neck). When all was said and done, I can honestly say that today I got the best shave of my life!!! No nicks, no bumps, no burns and as smooth as a baby's butt. Nirvana!

I know, isn't it amazing?! And to think the general public left all of this behind for the veritable crap that's on the store shelves nowadays. Proof that newer isn't always better.

I know, isn't it amazing?! And to think the general public left all of this behind for the veritable crap that's on the store shelves nowadays. Proof that newer isn't always better.

I agree. I wonder how much money I've wasted over the last 40 years for blades encased in plastic and cans of goo.

Embrace it for 6 months then come over to the dark side ... straights

I don't know if I could ever be brave enough for that! I have, however looked at some of the straights on the internet and am amazed at the selection out there. I could see myself becoming a collector very easily.

Top Bottom