What's new

Recommend Me A Shaving Cream

Ok - my soap is fast running out. Time to switch it up and go for cream. My current favorites are Proraso, Speick, and Musgo Real. What works well for you guys?

Speick makes a good cream. Not everyone likes the scent but I don't mind it.

TOBS Eton College if you like up front scents. TOBS Jermyn St. for something a little more subtle. As a matter of fact any of the TOBS creams will be wonderful. St. James and Grapefruit are terrific.

Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar if you don't mind the price.

Any of the Art of Shaving Creams are really nice. Their Sandalwood has a great scent and I've just opened a tub o the Ocean Kelp and it is great. Both are fine fine performers as well but AoS is pricey. Not as pricey as T&H but it will still make a dent in the wallet.

If you want to go for the bang for buck I'd say just go to Bath & Body and get a tube of C.O. Bigelow. It's rebranded Proraso Green.

st James of london.. awesome stuff.. or even real shaving company made by same company creighttons just there lower end..xpec also is costly buy very good.. lately i have been using mostly soaps..

The three creams i have reduced my den down to are GFT Coconut, Castle Forbes Lavender, and Ultimate Comfort by T&H. Top shelf all three, you cannot go wrong.

I like Trumpers (I have their Rose, Violet, and Coconut Oil) and Nancy Boy Signature (which I don't think is meant to lather but have seen on other threads that it can).

I am in general more like a soap guy, but I do enjoy C & E shaving creams very much, particularly the sandalwood.

ToOBS Avocado, Rose

T&H 10

La Toja sc

Palmolive Classic

All the above shaving creams are excellent. Especially the Avocado.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have tried many creams, and although I mainly use soaps, I use creams on the road exclusively. For me the best creams are:
Floris creams, like Elite
Baume.Be

For value for money you can't go wrong with any of the Proraso range. I also use TOBS Grapefruit and Cade, more expensive, but great creams.

I believe it is tough to answer your question without knowing what skin type you have. I have dry skin and need a cream with great lube and cushion or else I pay for it with weepers and razor burn. For me the T&H Ultimate comfort is the best cream out there. It may seem crazy but the T&H Lavender, for lack of glide and cushion, is one of the worst creams out there so quality is not company specific. I also like the Nancy Boy products and I am trialing Al's right now. So far so good, but it is too early to tell if I will step up and buy a full tub.

Truefitt & Hill is fabulous but pricey. All the Geo F Trumper's are good. C.O. Bigelow is Proraso and available at Bath and Body Stores in the Mall.

A good cheaper and easily available option it Kiss My Face. They have an un scented. I found a key lime scented. It is awesome. Makes a quick good lather.

Ingrams Blue - Bigger menthol hit than Proraso, and cheap as chips (in the UK at least)
TBS Maca Root / RSC Traditional - Both made by Creightons so basically the same cream
Anything TOBS
Proraso Green

The bottom three are in no particular order.

Top Bottom