What's new

Yeah! My first 2 mile run in 4 months after ankle surgery.kinda sore, but yeah!

Last night i did my first run in 4 months. Ya all know i had ankle reconstruction surgery in December 4th which required 6 to 9 months recovery. But i managed to recover it in 3 months........ lo and behold i ran my first 2 miles last night since the surgery:biggrin1:

Feels good too, i lost a total of 13 pounds as of 3 weeks now.:wink2: I need lose another 25 pounds and i am good. Thanks for the support B&B.:biggrin1:

$2014-01-03 20.33.11.jpg

Gosh, I remember reading your original thread back when I first joined here. Glad to see that you're ahead of schedule. Keep at it!

Congratulations Alex! I'm sure you were itching to get some activity in. Let us know how your ankle reacts over the next couple of days.

Congrats. Remember, it is just one long run separated by varying periods of rest. Build slowly. Wishing you complete healing!

Congratulations! Remember the words of Julian Sprung - "Bad things happen quickly, good things happen slowly." Well, at least in saltwater fish tanks and rehab!

Being a cyclist, bmx and mountain biking I have had many injuries and I know how good it feels to get back out there. Congrats on your run and to your speedy recovery.

Glad to hear that Alex! I remember your thread and all those pictures :(

Take it easy and don't do too much! Keep us posted.

Congrats, Alex, glad to hear that you are doing better. I remember you posting something about your injury when to first happened, so it is nice to see the progress.

Now please forgive me if I missed something, or if I come off as insensitive, but why running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. Remember, it is just one long run separated by varying periods of rest. Build slowly. Wishing you complete healing!
:001_smile
Cheers, nice job on getting back out there!
:wink2:

Congratulations! Remember the words of Julian Sprung - "Bad things happen quickly, good things happen slowly." Well, at least in saltwater fish tanks and rehab!
Being a cyclist, bmx and mountain biking I have had many injuries and I know how good it feels to get back out there. Congrats on your run and to your speedy recovery.
Congrats, Alex. Don't push too fast. Re-injury is a demoralizer.

I walk on it carefully......Tonight i did another run, this was 2 1/2 miles, then a quick bicep and abs workout. I lost 17 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks so far. I am in at 216, i want to be at 208 by this weekend.

Top Bottom