What's new

Zookeepers of the Muhle R41 BEAST

Cold water shaves are nice on occasion, but nobody better try to get in the way of me and my dirty bird scuttle!!!! :lol:
But I do enjoy them every once it a while. Funny how it seems to just work out that I do cold water shaves when I face lather.

Well guys, I had to put the Beast away for the last few days. Easter week is especially busy for those that work in ministry and I needed shaves I could count on to be easy and epic. I'll pick it up again next week and try to give it a full week to see if a rhythm can develop.

Well guys, I had to put the Beast away for the last few days. Easter week is especially busy for those that work in ministry and I needed shaves I could count on to be easy and epic. I'll pick it up again next week and try to give it a full week to see if a rhythm can develop.

Good luck next week Don. I'm sure you'll tame the Beast sooner or later, and be rewarded with amazing shaves. :thumbup1:

My first shave with the R41 today. I knew it would be aggressive but I didn't expect to feel the blade as much as I did. I would call it a success as I drew no blood and got a shave on par with my ATT H1, not bad for the first shave and I can only imagine they will get better and faster.

My first shave with the R41 today. I knew it would be aggressive but I didn't expect to feel the blade as much as I did. I would call it a success as I drew no blood and got a shave on par with my ATT H1, not bad for the first shave and I can only imagine they will get better and faster.

Congrats on your first successful shave with the R41! Having experience with the H1 plate might have helped! It only gets better! :thumbup1:

My first cold water shave (ever I suppose) today. As my face is still healing from the pieces of my face missing from my last shave with the R41 I chickened out and used my R89, Simpson chubby brush, castle forbes sandalwood and had a great shave. I intentionally did it after I went for a run, so it was quite refreshing. Not sure if I would switch altogether, but definitely a nice change. With proraso you would probably get frostbite, haha.

My first cold water shave (ever I suppose) today. As my face is still healing from the pieces of my face missing from my last shave with the R41 I chickened out and used my R89, Simpson chubby brush, castle forbes sandalwood and had a great shave. I intentionally did it after I went for a run, so it was quite refreshing. Not sure if I would switch altogether, but definitely a nice change. With proraso you would probably get frostbite, haha.

Nothing wrong with using another razor ... I also use other razors, even though that rarely happens, to be honest. I need to start using the others more ...
Whatever feels comfortable is what you should do.

Nothing wrong with using another razor ... I also use other razors, even though that rarely happens, to be honest. I need to start using the others more ...
Edgar, we are of like mind. I need to reach for the others a bit more often myself...

Meanwhile, the R41 was not lonely this morning...

The R41 2011 is definitely my favorite. Ironically, I find it easier to shave with the more aggressive razors since it does all the work for you. I can't understand Muhle's logic for changing the head, but keeping the R41 name the same. It has caused a lot of confusion

The R41 2011 is definitely my favorite. Ironically, I find it easier to shave with the more aggressive razors since it does all the work for you. I can't understand Muhle's logic for changing the head, but keeping the R41 name the same. It has caused a lot of confusion

That's what they do ... they like to confuse people. It's part of their marketing plan, just look at the number of threads on the R41.
Their evil plan is working great.

Welcome to B&B Mr. Irish!

The R41 gives me the absolute best shave ever. So tell me, why in the world do I keep buying other razors??

Take a look at the options Google gives me when I type Acquisition Disorder ... I guess I'll soon need a Brown Leaf badge ... :lol:

$capture-20140419-201713.png

Just finished my first shave with the 2013 R41.

I'm a little sad

I've only been WS for about 3 mo's and I've managed to acquire 6 razors and had my mind on what razor was going to come next. What could come next after the shave I just experienced except for a few more R41 heads?
I ordered a Webber classic handle Fri and I'm starting to realize that's all I'm really going to need.....no real reason to keep buying razors. I guess I'll move on to brushes, soaps,creams because I've stumbled on to the one razor that will give me a super clean close shave with no irritation.

As I sit here and type my cheeks are totally smooth and totally white. My neck is almost as smooth and is without redness or irritation.
I used the steep angle and it just obliterated my hair....I'm a little dumbfounded.

It wasn't a perfect shave as there is a little stubble left on my chin and upper lip that I could have taken off with a little touch up but I wanted to only do a 2 pass shave (WTG+XTG) on this first shave and stop so I could see how my face reacted. I'm sure with a little practice I can get BBS with ease because I got really close to that on my first shave.

I want to thank you guys for singing the praises of this razor especially aimsport so much so that I just had to see what all the fuss was about and It will probably save me a lot of money in the long run.

The beast is unleashed!

I've been using both the 2011 and 2013 for some time, and my vote goes with the 2013 for best shave. I'm much faster, and I do believe the shave quality is better as well. It's still fun to pull out the 2011 from time to time, but I do prefer the more refined version of this razor.

Top Bottom