What's new

Best beer ever!

OK not saying what "IS" the best ever, just post the story and beer in the thread.
I will start.
My best beer ever was a Blue Moon in Ft Benning, GA. I had gone 2-3 weeks no drinks due to training environment. Fir st drink I had when we were released that warm spring GA afternoon was a Blue Moon. A good beer mind you and not my favorite. Alas though, for that one moment in my life, that well earned Blue Moon was cold, smooth, and perfect. Best beer ever for me.
Now let's hear your stories!

Mine was a Newcastle, enjoyed in Sacramento the first time I met my dad (at 23). I'll still reach for those more often than not, even though there are others I'd probably rather have taste wise.

I would have to say Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. I have had more complex and tastier beers, but I remember my father offering me one after we had gotten done installing a stadium speaker system in 100+ degree heat and 90+ humidity. Got home absolutely drenched in sweat, nearly hallucinating from the heat. I was 17. Freshly pulled from the basement "Beer Fridge", bottle actually letting off whisps of vapor in the swampy heat. It seriously almost knocked me off my feet with relief.

Great thread idea! :thumbup1:'

Mine would have to be New Holland Dragon's Milk. I had just proposed to my fiancee and we went out to dinner at her favorite restaurant, Clementine's Too in St. Joseph, MI. I was still such a bundle of nerves, yet giddy as hell and the beer tasted extra delicious and the 10% ABV helped calmed me down.

Last edited:
The very best beer I have ever had was in a pub in Kilkenny, Ireland. Prior to this, I had always tried Guinness where the top was foam and the bottom was the very dark brown stout. Not my cup of tea, but then again I'm not a beer drinker. Anyway, the bartender poured the beer into a glass with the foam and beer mixed together - it was a glass of very light brown/tan, creamy, rich, almost sweet beery goodness. I couldn't believe that beer could taste even remotely like that.

The second best beer was another Guinness I had in Dublin (trying to replicate the first), which was good but not quite the same. It did have the advantage of being in an Irish pub as part of a musical pub crawl, with some guy playing the guitar and singing in an Irish accent, moving from pub to pub. This was at night, in Dublin, with people and activity everywhere. An even better night, with the beer placing at a respectable #2.

Nothing else has ever compared, really.

I had always heard Guiness is best in Ireland (I love stouts). Yes, it was confirmed in my trip to Ireland, it is an understatement, it really is smoother there!
Great stories guys!

Recently visited Houston (brother in law & family) and got to try his favorite beer, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. I do love Guiness but have to admit I liked this better, maybe I need to get some of both for a taste test...

Berkshire Brewing Company Coffee House Porter is a near perfect beer in my opinion, i can't get enough of it and luckily my local bar has it on tap!

Oh, there are so many. First one I can think of was a half crappy, luke warm Brown ale. Let me explain. I decided to learn homebrewing while in college and upon my return home my father and I undertook the battle to brew. We made a brown ale and after weeks of monkeying with it, we cracked the first one. We were so impatient that we didn't let it cool down all the way.

Even though it was a mediocre effort, it was the culmination of weeks of effort, the start of a long journey to making great beer, and an endeavor that I still enjoy with my dad. That was a great beer.

The best beer for me memory wise has to be Mythos (greek). It is nothing special but it takes me back to my honeymoon in Santorini where I have so many great memories. Its hard to find in Canada but when I do i enjoy every sip.

A close second is Guinness served at the Sky Bar in Dublin which is right above the Guinness factory. It is unbelievably smooth and silky and delicious and amazing, and well I could go on. I enjoyed a pint with my sister the first time I visited Dublin and the Guinness factory. the spectacular view sure doesn't hurt either. Great Thread

Innis and Gunn, its imported from Scotland so the price tag is high but it's probably the best beer I've ever seen.

The beer I have the fondest memories of having tried is a Welsh Ale called Double Dragon.
I had a few pints while in Wales in 2007 and loved it. Fantasic ale, but sadly hard to get in North America and impossible in Canada, so I haven't had it since.

I have a bunch of beers that I could say are the best beer ever, though. Almost any American IPA I've had I've loved, and I am particularly fond of British bitters.

For me it's Bass
I shall be wetting my lips with one or two in approximately 45 minutes!!!!!
$bass.jpg
Cheers!!!
$charlespic.jpg

Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I had not seen my son for several months and we decided to surprise him at Thanksgiving. He had asked if I could send some to him and it was not possible due to postal regulations. We drove 16 hours and took a case of Christmas Ale. He had no idea we were coming and the look of shock was hilarious. His wife kept the secret for 2 months. Whenever I see Christmas Ale I think of him and how great of a time we had.

Last edited:
It's a tie between every free beer I've ever gotten.

Actually, it was the Bud Light that I drank the night before my wedding with my father and my friends. Sitting on a picnic table outside of the reception hall while the girls all decorated. One of those friends passed away following an accident that occurred the night of my wedding. I'll always cherish the memory of that night.

The best beer for me memory wise has to be Mythos (greek). It is nothing special but it takes me back to my honeymoon in Santorini where I have so many great memories. Its hard to find in Canada but when I do i enjoy every sip.

A close second is Guinness served at the Sky Bar in Dublin which is right above the Guinness factory. It is unbelievably smooth and silky and delicious and amazing, and well I could go on. I enjoyed a pint with my sister the first time I visited Dublin and the Guinness factory. the spectacular view sure doesn't hurt either. Great Thread

Ah, Santorini is such a beautiful and hospitable place! I have another great memory of grabbing an ice cold Mythos right after finishing the Athens' Classic Marathon, me and a co-worker limping to the nearest vendor and sitting in the crowd downing a cold one to celebrate, great time and a very refreshing beer. I do agree that the Sky Bar Guinness is great as well!

Top Bottom