What's new

Slickest Cream in Your Den?

The slickest ones are probably those which contain silicone as a lubricant, i.e., Nivea and its ilk. That doesn't necessarily mean that they provide the best shave.

I suggest the purchase of Nancy Boy Signature Scent in the travel size...inexpensive and a great cream. I do love my CF lime as well.

I would have to say XPEC, but rumor has it that it's being reformulated. Next in line for me would be anything made by Penhaligon's and Castle Forbes Lavender.

I've tried about 15 different soaps in the last year and a half, since returning to DE shaving after many years of "cartridge and can." I've heard many say that in their opinion creams are generally slicker/more lubricating and protective than soaps. I've only tried two creams so far, Edwin Jagger Sandalwood and several varieties of KMF; both work at least as well as the best of the soaps I've tried. What cream would you suggest I try next? Do you have a standout favorite? Thanks for the input!
I cannot say which cream is the slickest since I have no way of measuring slickness but I can tell you I am impressed with Palmolive Classic cream that I am using now.
It is a simple cream with few ingredients and soapy scent but its slickness is impressive. I have been using this cream since Feb 25 and I am almost at the end of the tube. It always delivered slick and protective lather.
Two other creams that I know to be very slick are Musgo Real Classic Scent (white tube, powdery scent) and Speick (lavender scent).
In my opinion you cannot go wrong with any of the above.
Whatever cream you end up trying next please come back and tell us.

I'd start with Proraso/Bigelow Green. Maggard Razors sell a variety of inexpensive samplers, which are a great way to experiment.

+1 on the Castle Forbes with its essential oils but for the price Maca SC gives great glide and cushion.

Surprisingly, I've found Dreadnought to be the slickest in my den. I keep coming back to this product. Always get great results.

At some point you should try Cremo. Combined with a drop or two of water it really yields a lightening quick surface. A step up is Aubrey Oranics - North Woods cream. It's just as fast
but with a wonderful kick of menthol and some other face friendly goodies.

The slickest ones are probably those which contain silicone as a lubricant, i.e., Nivea and its ilk. That doesn't necessarily mean that they provide the best shave.

Slickness is great but IMHO not the be all, end all. Creamo (brushless) is insanely slick but provides lousy shaves. JM Fraser's is almost as slick but provides outstanding shaves.

It always seems like my TOBS Shaving Shop produces the best and the slickest cream that I use. Wonderful, especially when paired with Proraso White pre shave cream.

Top Bottom