What's new

Test

OK, Here is my original post supporting the picture! Sorry but I can't figure out why it would not work. Frustrated for sure!

Hello all,
do you gentlemen enjoy a game of chess now and then? My son in law procured a handmade chess set in Afghanistan on one of his four tours of duty overseas. He is a purple heart holder and has been medically discharged from the Army. He was injured by a land mine on his first tour of Iraq and then did three more tours. I call this my Purple Heart Chess Set. He wanted to be a career military man but will be needing a new knee when he gets older. Thankfully he is in school and prepping for a new career. This young man earned my respect just by enlisting but then he called me and asked for my permission to marry my little girl before he asked her so I knew I had a special guy here. Anyway, I just wanted to share the reason for the name of my chess set and I was hoping some of you folks may be interested in sharing pictures of your sets as well.
Regards, Doug

P.S. he did two tours in Iraq and two in Afghanistan. I call my chess set the Purple Heart Set.

Regards,
Doug

That is a nice set. I had a similar one I bought in Mexico. But your chessboard is much nicer.

Thank you and your son for his service

Doug,

That story touched me.

Please pass on my thanks to that young man for his service.

...He's got a proper shaving kit right?

Bb

Doug,

That story touched me.

Please pass on my thanks to that young man for his service.

...He's got a proper shaving kit right?

Bb
Graeme,
I can't believe that I had not considered his shaving situation. I am going to have to find out. Its pretty new to me too so I just haven't even thought about that. I know he maintains a clean shave and a military haircut.

Top Bottom