What's new

Let's Celebrate Spring by 3017ing Some RazoRock! Whichever Makes You Think of Spring

Still working the RR Lavender Montebianco. Thus far I have not even been tempted to stray from the one true path....but there is still a great deal of puck remaining.

Spring RazoRock Shave #23

April 23, 2014

Wolf Whiskers Coffee & Cream TGN F(2)
RazoRock Lime Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
British Gillette Aristocrat #66
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

This thread needs more SOTD pics!

Here's mine for today. I brought out my Hot Rod Surrey that I made a couple years back. Its been bored out to fit a 28mm TGN Finest knot and the handle filled and weighted. Its a beast, no two ways about it. And it destroys soap! You'll also see my RazoRock Little Bastone. Its a super smooth OC, I swear you dont even feel the blade. Though it takes a bit more work than my R41 to get a close shave, but its a great razor!

$FrescoBeast.jpg

Shave 19+20
With these shaves, I just did a wet face scrub prior to lathering. Soap lathered up great, and i've been lathering it a little more heavily than i did when shaving with my NEW head and it appears to give a little more protection.

XXXt
Semogue 2-band horn brush
ATT H-2 head with Common bar handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium.
RR Baby blue.

#24 Thiersday shave

Proraso pre
Don Marco/Musgo orange amber
SR 3824
Thiers Issard 6/8
Proraso balm

Going to have to superlather to make it through the rest of the month.

Not sure what shave number this is for me but it is my first one here in Africa.

The KotC Lime is finally smooth across the top of the soap. My chubby synthetic is barely making a dent in it.

Shave 21

I just did a wet face scrub prior to lathering.
XXXt
Semogue 2-band horn brush
ATT H-2 head with Atlas handle.
Polsilver Super Iridium.
RR Baby blue.

The Atlas appeared to help with the shave, in the fact that the extra weight made it easier for the blade to mow through the stubble with zero pressure. The handle is comfortable in the hand, and it being the first stainless handle with the aristocrat, or barber pole knurling, I can understand a comment that i read about some of them wanting to turn in your hand as you shave. The atlas does a fantastic job of gripping your hand, soap or not.

Still going through my Zi' Peppino. I think it will make it through the rest of the month.

SOTD

Weber Polished Head w/Classic Handle
Feather (2)
Semogue 1460
RR Zi' Peppino
Thayer's Rose Toner
Captin's Choice Lime

Great shave and a great morning.

#25 Fili Friday

Nivea scrub
proraso pre
Don Marco/Nancy Boy blossom wood
SR 3824
Filarmonia 14
B&M Cheshire splash

proxy.php

Here's to shave #11 with some of my perennial favorites. The moon java rover with D01 knot is simply amazing, as is Alt-Innsbruck.

This was a great way to knock off a week's worth of stubble after being too busy to shave for most of the week.

Happy Friday, all!

Shave #25 is in the books

XXXt
Merkur 42C
German Wilkinson (3)
Col. Conk #9 Boar
Speick AS

The tub now weighs approx 3.25 ounces. Depending how much an empty tub weighs, I think this puppy might last me through May, too

$XXXtDay25.jpg

Shave 22
I just did a wet face scrub prior to lathering.
XXXt
Semogue Select silvertip horn brush
ATT H-2 head with Atlas handle.
Astra platinum
RR Baby blue.

The astra blade delivered a great shave today, smooth, and comparable to the Polsilver...from what i can tell now. I'll spend a couple-few blades and see how the do before i make a judgement call on that.

Spring RazoRock Shave #26

April 26, 2014

2012 SOC SE
RazoRock Lime Shave Lube (As A Pre-Shave)
Gillette 40's Superspeed
Polsilver SI (1)
RazoRock KotC Lavender
RazoRock Alum Stick
Myrsol Agua Balsamica Splash

Nivea scrub
Proraso pre
Don Marco/Musgo Orange Amber
PILS/Feather (1)
Thater 4125/2 2-band
I'Coloniali Rhubarb balm

I'm fairly certain the proraso pre does nothing other than smell good. I'll use it until it's done but it won't be replaced.

Been a while since I used the PILS. It's such a smooth and comfortable shaver. First try with a feather in the PILS which isn't really a favorite blade of mine, but it wasn't as irritating in the PILS.

Hey Razorockers, could I get some advice for today's shave?

I recently took delivery of the blades pictured below and they're all new to me. Which would you recommend I try first?

Thanks for the advice!

proxy.php

I would try the 7'oclock or voskhod because i've always wanted to try the 7'oclock, and the voskhod are a blade that i generally like pretty well.

Nice BB! I like the Russian blades! It kinda depends on the razor of choice, but I recommend either the Rapira Super Stainless's (consider them a baseline blade) or go for the Rapira Swedish Supersteels as a sharp and smooth, a little heavier blade and higher end choice.

Oh, and let me add that the Ladas are pretty equal to the Rapira Super Stainless. My least favorite of those was the Rapira Platinum Lux, as they also feel like a heavy blade but not as sharp. I got alot of tugging with them.

Last point, wait till after shave 2-3 to really judge them, and though YMMV, I've managed up to 6 shaves with them in my R41!

Last edited:
I would try the 7'oclock or voskhod because i've always wanted to try the 7'oclock, and the voskhod are a blade that i generally like pretty well.

Nice BB! I like the Russian blades! It kinda depends on the razor of choice, but I recommend either the Rapira Super Stainless's (consider them a baseline blade) or go for the Rapira Swedish Supersteels as a sharp and smooth, a little heavier blade and higher end choice.

Oh, and let me add that the Ladas are pretty equal to the Rapira Super Stainless. My least favorite of those was the Rapira Platinum Lux, as they also feel like a heavy blade but not as sharp. I got alot of tugging with them.

Last point, wait till after shave 2-3 to really judge them, and though YMMV, I've managed up to 6 shaves with them in my R41!

Awesome, thanks for the advice gents!

Cyber, that's a really intriguing comment about the r41 for me because my 2011 r41 seems to chew through most of my current blades in two shaves max! I think I'll check out the swedes tonight based on this recommendation. Now I just need to narrow down the DLC, Futur, and r41!

Awesome, thanks for the advice gents!

Cyber, that's a really intriguing comment about the r41 for me because my 2011 r41 seems to chew through most of my current blades in two shaves max! I think I'll check out the swedes tonight based on this recommendation. Now I just need to narrow down the DLC, Futur, and r41!

Of course, every mug and whisker is different :) I don't consider myself to have a real thick beard, I shave every other day. But the R41 is the only razor that gives me that close a shave. As far as the blade life goes, I will say that I made 6 on a bit of a "see how many I can get" test. On average though, I usually change at about 4, unless I lose count ;)

Top Bottom