What's new

Who Else Diggs the Micromatic?

I have been enjoying my Gem Micromatic lately, and wanted to see who else is with me on this one. My open comb version is not the best looking one out there, but it is a pleasure to use. Like other open comb razors, I can mow down a weeks' worth of scruff no problem, and like other Se razors I get a good 7 shaves out of a blade. What's not to love?

$image.jpg
Gem Micromatic on left, Ever-Ready 1912 on right

So who's with me?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 217
Im waiting on my SE blades to arrive in the mail, I just Got both of those razors today, both an OCMM, and a Gem junior, Im hoping to get to try them early next week!

Nice, let me know what you think. To me they are both nice razors, but I really like the option of being able to shave a longer beard.

I have read some posts where they suggested you shave with a micromatic with the blade parallel with your face, pretty much the head resting against your face. I don't recommend this, i find the easiest way is just to hold it like a regular DE.

"I have read some posts where they suggested you shave with a micromatic with the blade parallel with your face, pretty much the head resting against your face. I don't recommend this, i find the easiest way is just to hold it like a regular DE."

Sounds like a good dose of "razor burn" to me. Just off parallel works the best, 5 - 10 degrees, for best results. As if you are using a straight razor but instead the blade is in a "safety razor".

But what about the Seeing Eye.......................the instructions say hold the Eye to your face and shave.......or something like that......

I want to love my Micromatics..... but I get better shaves so far with my Eversharp Schick Injector G's and my Ever Ready 1912. I'd say even my GEM G-Bar is above the Micromatics for me. I need to experience them a little more..... having only shaved with them a few times each with both the Clog Pruf and the OC.

Ben

Have not had the chance to use an Ever Ready or a GEM yet.
What SE blade do you use?
I like open comb Gillette's, and plan to pick up an ER or GEM.

I also use the Gem Stainless and they work great for me but I haven't tried any others. So what is the Clog Pruf like? Is it mild or agressive? I have been wanting to try a lather catcher for some time. And I agree, those Star razors look like a work of art.

I have, and use, all the iterations in the MicoMatic line....I like them all....I use the OC the most, but find the Bullet Tip preferable for those times when I am not looking for the closest shave possible, just an easy and smooth shave..The Clog-Pruf is my least favorite.

What's an SE collection without the Micromatic series?

$Extras 3.jpg

Speaking of the Star lather catcher what's an SE collection without at least one lather catcher?

$LaCatchers ALL 1.jpg

I love my Gems,a bullet tip and a 1914,but my carbon Feather blades will not fit either one...can't understand why Feather makes 2 types of SE blades,but they only fit the Valet and a few obscure SE razors....

Top Bottom