What's new

Getting ready to smoke my first Beef Brisket

4 hrs from first placing on Ceramic Cooker, 165* or close enough and we have reached the Foil Point.

Everything seems to be going too smoothly actually :bored:

If it keeps going as planned, it will hit 195-200* in about 2 hrs, I'll let it rest for an hour and we may be able to eat this thing for supper.

I still have Pizzaland on speed dial, just in case. :wink2:
View attachment 432379

Last edited:
It could hang at 180 for many hours, don't rush it!

No Sir....I'm not messing around with temps too much.

I brought it up slowly to 275 then again, slowly to 300 and now the temp of meat is holding steady....as is the grill.

Last edited:
4.5hrs and we are at 205*. Brisket was 4.5lbs by my scale and it is now wrapped in the original foil, a bit more to stop leakage and the double wrapped in towels.

I re-inserted the Maverick so I could make sure it doesn't drop below the safety zone.

It looks like I'm in the home stretch now and the final cutting will reveal how successful or unsuccessful I was.

Needless to say, the dog was very interested in a 5lb hunk of meat, sitting in a cooler on the ground.

$uploadfromtaptalk1396560245752.jpg

No chance of it dropping that much with an hours rest. I've kept a brisket for hours in a cooler with no ill affect.

Looking forward to the taste test.

The cook is done. Its been carved, eaten and left overs are on deck for 'beef on a bun' tomorrow.

All signs point to it be successful. Thumbs up from one of the kids, the other had seconds and said it was "better then steak" and my wife said it was great. She'd have let me know if it was too smokey or too dry, she even went back for more.

We had a side of slaw and beans, kids had it with buns. Just regular BBQ fixings, nothing fancy.

Again, with nothing to compare it to, it's difficult to say if I need to tweak anything.

It was an appropriate temp on the plate, easy to cut, lots of juices flowing when I was slicing it and most of all....it was ultra tasty. I almost jumped out of my skin with excitement when I made the first cust, knife sliced through it with ease and the smoke ring made it's appearance.

Again, and I can't repeat this enough, Thanks to all of you for helping guide me through this and putting up with all my questions and pics and making it a fun thread and smoke.

Feel free to let me have it if you see something that looks like it needs work or something for me to keep in mind for the next one.

So here is the big reveal:

$uploadfromtaptalk1396567183047.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1396567240014.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1396567284761.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1396567293790.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1396567303661.jpg

Last edited:
Looks beautiful Bruce, just how it should.

Brisket PIF!?

Another BnB homerun.
Looks great Bruce.

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. And looking back, it was nothing to worry about. LOW & SLOW is usually safe and will turn out quite well.

We have some fresh buns for tomorrow and are going to slice it up thinly, stack them hight and hopefully use up a good portion of the rest.:drool:

Doesn't look like there will be any left for a Brisket PIF this time :wink2:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I cannot wait to see your pulled pork. Brisket is good, and I will never turn it away, but pork takes the smoke much better, IMO. What cut does one use for pulled pork.

Top Bottom