What's new

Cost of Feather DE Blades In Japan?

Hi,

I have a friend visiting Japan in a week and have asked him to get me some Feather DE blades. Does anyone know how much they are there so I'll have an idea how much cash to give him?

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I just got back at the end of Jauary.
I bought mine from a couple of different Drug Stores in Tokyo and Kyoto. They ranged anywhere from 350 to 400Yen per pack of 10. I was getting about 100Yen per Canadian dollar.

I was also able to find some Feather injector blades. I haven't tried them yet so I can't tell you how they work. These were available in the knife shops.

Wayne

Hi,

I have a friend visiting Japan in a week and have asked him to get me some Feather DE blades. Does anyone know how much they are there so I'll have an idea how much cash to give him?

Thanks for any help,

Eric
Hi there Eric,
Here's what I recently found out from someone who bought some in a store there: Feather DE blades will run about the same as online prices (40-45 cents per blade).
Hope that helps,
Martin

japan is an expencive country and tokyo is one of the most expencive cities in the world, what did you expect ?

The Feather Shop netsite sells Feather blades in bulk packs of 100. These cost 2100 Yen. If you can read Japanese try this: I can't manage to link direct to the article so go here click on the door, then click on the upper red charicters under "B to B".

24 packs of 10 will cost you 12,600 yen ($124 USD) which actually works out to be more expensive than buying them separately. :eek:

The ones on the site that are only 2100 yen aren't Hi-Stainless.....

proxy.php

wait, someone mentioned feather injector blades, you sure you dont mean the blades which go in to the Artist club razor ?

Most places I see them, local drug stores etc. are 500 yen plus tax = 525 yen. But if you can find them at more of a hardware store type place then they tend to be cheaper. Although the cheaper places tend not to be on the beaten trail and most people who would are unfamiliar in Japan would have a hard time finding the cheaper vendors. The cheapest I have seen them in a store were prices at 357 yen for a pack of 10 hi-stainless (Joyful Honda). But online one could get about the same price for 20 blades on one blister pack costing 718 yen for 20. But one would have to spend more than 3000 yen to get free domestic shipping. Not bad if you live here.

wait, someone mentioned feather injector blades, you sure you dont mean the blades which go in to the Artist club razor ?

They were definitley injectors. I believe that they are NOS. I don't think Feather makes them anymore. I gave it a go in one of the older type injectors with the faux bakelite handle. It didn't go so well. I expect it had more to do with technique than the blade though. I use Feather DE blades now and get an extremely close shave.

Wayne

I am in Thailand and was pleasantly surprised to find feather blades on sale there. A 5 blade pack costs about 30 baht or about 1 USD in most convenience stores. I manage to find the wholesale store and bought a carton of 100 blades for 450 baht or 14.3 USD. They are labeled stainless steel platimum coated type.

Hope this info helps.

Hi,

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Top Bottom