What's new

To the Detroit Red Wings fans

As you can see from my display picture I'm a huge Red Wings fan, and wanted to get your opinions whether or not you think we'll get in the playoffs. With Toronto's annual (full season) collapse and Nyquist's breakout I like our chances. Washington's the only team I think will be an issue for the last wild card and we have a game in hand and 3 more non-shootout wins for the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
I think the Wings will sneak in, but they'll only go as far as Howard carries them. It will be interesting to see if Nyquist can continue on fire into the playoffs. They could be a factor if Datsyuk comes back, but I don't expect to see Zetterberg again this year.

The wings will go as far as Howard will take them is probably to most accurate assessment, all though the hat trick tonight was sweet!

The wings will go as far as Howard will take them is probably to most accurate assessment, all though the hat trick tonight was sweet!

I agree, I think Jimmy can keep us in the running. And that was an awesome hat trick, I've always been a big fan of Helm and it's a shame that he can't seem to stay healthy. 2 big points tonight and a regulation loss for Washington and we've got a decent cushion.

And to add to that, I'm glad we pretty much gave Toronto the deathblow. I live across the border from Detroit and this area's pretty much dominated by Wings and Leafs fans, and after all the heckling I took when Detroit dropped out of a playoff spot I have no sympathy for the Leafs fans lol

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The wings will go as far as Howard will take them is probably to most accurate assessment!
Slugg:
I agree and as a goalie myself
proxy.php
, I think Howard has the stuff (current regular season save % of .909 in 47 games played), to take the Wings to new heights, but I think Detroit may be lacking depth (PP, PK, blocking shots and out-shooting the other team), to win a wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference.
proxy.php

Injuries have plagued the Wings and there’s still no timetable for Pavel Datsyuk's return. Even team Captain Henrik Zetterberg will probably retire after this season. As we know, Detroit’s game (12 forwards & 9 defenseman), is puck possession and controlling it in the offensive zone style of play, but in the end...they need to win these remaining regular season games or 'it's game over man...game over'. :blushing:

Read More:http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC
Finally, I'm 'rooting' for the
proxy.php
all the way to the Cup!
proxy.php

attachment.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
attachment.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth (Because It’s the Cup)”!! NHL Official Slogan

Last edited:
Cool post Count, big 2 points tonight and a decent cushion now. It'll be a battle to the end but I think we'll hold a playoff spot

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Cool post Count, big 2 points tonight and a decent cushion now. It'll be a battle to the end but I think we'll hold a playoff spot
LebWing92:
proxy.php
..."Go Wings'! :thumbsup:

Read More: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhl-playoff-death-watch--red-wings-solidify-wild-card--capitals-in-trouble-064950214.html

Read More:http://redwings.nhl.com/club/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=WC

proxy.php
"Very few cities in the NHL have a history or following of the Detroit Red Wings". Team Captain (for over 20yrs with the Wings), Steve Yzerman

Last edited:
Going to the Wings game tonight. They'll be in tough with the Bruins, they've been almost unbeatable lately

Going to the Wings game tonight. They'll be in tough with the Bruins, they've been almost unbeatable lately
I am officially jealous. I am not sure how strong they will be, but am hoping to bring home the cup. Last year is was pretty crazy as they barely made it into the playoffs. The hype around hockey town was pretty neat. Most years people don't pay attention until the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. We are spoiled round here. I do hope they keep the streak alive and only get stronger from here.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
2 more regular season points tonight...Wings 3 vs. Boston 2 @ Detroit! :thumbsup:

$Detroit-Red-Wings-Graphic.gif"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity”. Hockey Proverb

Last edited:
Absolute robbery tonight! Boston played more than well enough for the 2 points and walked out with 0 lol. Howard stole that one for sure, and Nyquist is just ridiculous. LGRW!

And I'd like to highlight the fact that we went 3-1 against the big bad Bruins this year, after everyone said they'd dominate us.

Top Bottom