What's new

15 Step Routine - Insane or Sane?

Hey guys,

I'd like to hear your feedback...

Brush - Semogue Mistura (Boar/Badger Mix)
Razor - Merkur HD 34c
Soap - Mike's, Stirling, MWF

1. Shower/Hot Rinse
2. Noxema or Proraso
3. Lather
4. With Grain
5. Warm Rinse
6. Lather
7. Across Grain
8. Warm Rinse
9. Lather
10. Against Grain
11. Cool Rinse
12. Alum Block
13. Cool Rinse
14. Witch Hazel
15. Skin Food or Balm

Am I nuts or is yours similar?

Almost identical to mine, except substitute warm rinses with cold rinses and I don't use the alum block. I often use a AS splash before balm just to get even weirder.

Very similar, I don't even count the shower or rinses or lather for that matter as they are pre-req's for other steps.

What I do pretty much to a T. I do add a second xtg the opposite way and do some spot touch ups. So I think your in the same ballpark as most of us.

Thanks everyone! How about the wife's reaction to all of it? Like you are taking yourself way too seriously for just a shave, as well?? Haha

That looks almost exactly like mine except I'm crazy and only do 2 passes (WTG and ATG) and I also add a splash AS after my post-shave balm/lotion.

Pretty much the same for me as well. I will switch out the alum with W/H from time to time, might add touch ups if needed and I use AS and no balm. If I use alum I rinse after a few minutes but If I use W/H I don't rinse and go straight to the AS after the W/H has had time to dry.

Thanks everyone! How about the wife's reaction to all of it? Like you are taking yourself way too seriously for just a shave, as well?? Haha
Nope, she completely understands about the shaves, it's the AD she has a bit trouble comprehending..... But she doesn't give me much grief...:biggrin1:

You're posting on a "shaving" forum, which sounds like something a nut would do!

As for your routine, it sounds reasonable to me.

I appreciate it guys! I'm definitely with you in regards to not necessarily counting the rinses, was more listing that because of the temp changes that I make. I take this seriously! :w00t:

Top Bottom