What's new

Keeping razor clean?

Is there anything you can do to keep your razor clean/free from rusting etc.

I've got Weishi DE razor and I've noticed it's harder to turn open recently, not sure why this is.

But yeah, how should I look after it post shave?

thanks

You can coat it with some mineral oil after you clean it. If your bathyroom is not well vented, or very humid, maybe you could store it outside the bathroom....?

I clean my razor after every few shaves with some method brand bathroom cleaner designed to remove soap scum. I just squirt it on, let it sit a while, and then scrub it off with an old toothbrush. My guess (and hope) is that your razor is not rusted but has built up gunk. How long have you had the razor and when was the last time you cleaned it?

Metal DE razors tend to be made of brass that's plated with shiny silver stuff. They don't rust. If the mechanism is really sticky then you might want to try boiling it.

For me scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner works great. I give it a few squirts and let it soak for a few minutes then rinse off.

Scrubbing bubbles to clean it, and a little swish of mineral oil now and then to keep crud from building up--at least it seems to for me.

I clean my razor after every few shaves with some method brand bathroom cleaner designed to remove soap scum. I just squirt it on, let it sit a while, and then scrub it off with an old toothbrush. My guess (and hope) is that your razor is not rusted but has built up gunk. How long have you had the razor and when was the last time you cleaned it?

Just make sure you do this with the blade removed. Otherwise the chemicals bond to the blade and the next time you shave you'll wind up with a face itchier than a mangy minge !

+1 for scrubbing bubbles. cleans off soapscum and deposits as well as killing bacteria. i nuke mine every time i change out the blade. a bit o' scrub with an old toothbrush and a good rise and everything is jake.

david r.

Has anyone tried CLR on their razor? I have a bottle here and I'm pondering weather to let a razor soak in it to see what happens. For every part of CLR you add water.

Has anyone tried CLR on their razor? I have a bottle here and I'm pondering weather to let a razor soak in it to see what happens. For every part of CLR you add water.

I've used CLR on DE razors, keeping it away from any painted surfaces. I have soaked the heads in it briefly with good results, but I mostly just used it straight from the bottle on a toothbrush to scrub out any gunk.

Just make sure you do this with the blade removed. Otherwise the chemicals bond to the blade and the next time you shave you'll wind up with a face itchier than a mangy minge !

You can actually drink Method cleaner w/no bad effects. The president of the company does/did this at press conferences to show how "safe" they are, but does recommend not to try it.

Top Bottom